1-click strobe? for pedestrian crosswalk safety

and

and

I agree with all three of those comments, and appreciate all the comments so far — I hadn’t imagined this much response.

As to pointing, waving, aiming —- that’s why I prefer a flashlight to a bicycle taillight for this use, so I can change where it’s pointing.

Sometimes I’m hobbling along with a cane for back trouble and can’t pick up my feet and dart to the edge of the road.

another vote for a one-function bicycle strobe.
since they are relatively cheap, get several.

however, as posted above, a strobe does not adequately determine distance for the viewer.
a steady light which moves its illumination pattern will give enough visual information.

finally, also posted above, the most dangerous light is a phone distraction screen.

This sounds like a similar use case to light painting - instant access required to (constant frequency) strobe mode. Sadly, the number of flashlights offering this is in decline. My flashlight buying guide for light painters covers off a lot of flashlights with instant access to strobe - https://www.stephenknightphotography.com/post/best-flashlights-for-light-painting-photography-2021

Thank you Stephen!

I”ve been experimenting in crosswalks and my conclusion is, day or night, most drivers do not see me when I point a light down at my feet, only once I raise the light to direct it at the oncoming windshield. Then there’s an obvious double take and application of the brakes.

Or, sometimes, a veer and acceleration to zoom past me in the crosswalk. So far, nobody closer than a couple of feet.

What about a diffuser like on that 14500 Wuben? E03, E05, whatever…

You mean like the illuminated wands they use to park airplanes?
Dunno. Worth experimenting with, I guess.

Go for it…

Reminds me of my old KLARUS with separate lever for strobe.

Great answer
Nitecore P10iX would be my suggestion

The issue with the Anduril 2 lights is that to be able to go back to a regular mode you need to disconnect power. Unless you have 2 lights to have the momentary strobe (not continuous) and a “regular mode”.

As I mentioned above, some Klarus, some Olights, some Brinyte lights have the momentary and continuous strobe available, while still having the possibility to access other modes (either Turbo or lower modes).

The XT1C model and the Warrior Mini are the ones I use the most when going for a walk, because they are versatile enough to do the momentary and the continuous modes, and the regular and blinkies. Also, they are still compact enough to carry in a pocket.

With Anduri2 you could use the bicycle strobe or some of the other strobe modes. It can be started anytime from off with click-click-longclick after having it preselected once.
This is quite easy to do.