$10.34 pocket thrower.

Whoa, something else interesting. If you have one, try a small hole XPG reflector with a XML. :O

I do but not one I want to take apart because it’s got a handmade pill that is really jammed in there.

So what’s it do?

It's the cleanest, prettiest pattern I've ever seen from a p60!

I don't know what will happen with a de-domed XML in a XPG reflector, have to try that too...

Cool I will have to order a XPG reflector and give it a try.

Any lux readings been done on the $10 XPG2 de-domed build?

Nope I don’t have a lux meter yet. I keep thinking of getting one but each time I do I see another light or another project instead. I just have a few set points that I go outside and shine my lights on. Each one is a little further away. So I know when I can reach out and touch the last one I have a really good thrower. This build is not reaching the last one but I can tell it’s a good deal farther because it’s coming closer. I’m also sure that some of the smaller pinpoint beams would show a lot more on a lux meter than my eyes can register on the trees way out there. But still I guess I’m more interested in how much I can see than what the meter says. Still I’ll probably break down and buy one if for no other reason that to post the results. I’m sure that’s better than simply saying “it throws really far” LOL

I’m still trying to get an idea of how far I should expect this thing to throw. It would have to exceed a standard C8 and be smaller. I weary of having every thrower I use by too large for jean pockets. Know what I’m sayin?

I have what I guess you could call a 'plain' C8 - UF C8 originally came with a XRE & crappy driver, been swapped out for a CW XML2 (dome still intact)/Sinkpad/3A Qlite, but still using the original reflector & lens. The P60/dedomed XPG2 similar to 18sixfifty's (but using another 3A Qlite) blows it away. But then again, so does my Convoy S4, also with a dedomed XPG2/Qlite even though its reflector is only 17mm wide x 18mm deep. P60 and S4 perform remarkably similarly with the same LED/driver, so if size is important the S4 may be a better choice.

I prefer a older [larger] UF-504B host.
Even more led options available since then.

I like the 502B pretty well, but if I could find the older 504B’s cheap I would grab them up. I have been making these up now with, XP-G2 S4 de-domed on noctigons with the BLF DD driver. I use the copper sleeve trick now. The 502B still have the “attack” bezel that I could do without but it’s not a bad one and the annodizing on the new 502B is miles above the 501B.

I have some of the XP-e2’s on the way to try them as well.

$7.88 @ DX; I haven’t purchased one from them though so I’m not sure of the quality:
http://www.dx.com/p/uitrafire-504b-aluminum-alloy-replacement-case-for-flashlight-silver-228602

…and in Black for $7.90:
http://www.dx.com/p/uitrafire-504b-aluminum-alloy-replacement-case-for-flashlight-black-228609