$100 Budget MONSTER-Lights w/ 15000+ lumens: Wurkkos TS32-Nichia 519a. Comparison with Chinese POWER-LED Heavyweights: in Haikelite HK05, JKK76, Nightwatch NS59v2 Chaos. (Summary & measurements on P. 1)

Both chargers turn solid red when full. Only the flash red then solid red is described in “manual” on Kaidomain site.

I have no idea how to contact Jin Heng. Is there an email or website? Please PM me the info if you know.

Just as heads up, Wurkkos has a Valentines coupon and sale going and you can snatch at TS32 with batteries for around 88€, which is insane considering how many LED and Lumen you get for that!

Insane indeed. One never knows when a light is discounted or stock runs out so this is a golden opportunity.

I haven’t finished writing about all the lights but will leak that TS32 even though it “only” has 15k lumen will come out number one in this group, all things considered. The “king of budget super-lights” as coined by a reviewer.

The power and beam color of those Nichia 519a will be like nothing you’ve ever seen, especially in turbo mode where is most beautiful. (It’s jdifferent from a small Nichia light.)

Curious… Would the Q8 Plus fit into the category. I was just reading a few reviews, Zero Air tested it at Around 19,000 lumens at turn on and 17,000 at 30 seconds. Right now it is right at $100 on Amazon with 3 cells. Less on the Sofirn site. I am thinking about getting one… But I already have two of the TS32 and a few others that are in this class.

BTW, I have no clue how to contact Jin Heng. I just saw that this was the manufacturer of the JKK lights. Not even sure if that is a person or a company. Sorry!

I did find this: " Jin Heng is owned by a guy people call Old Jiang (his surname is Jiang)"

I had been thinking of the Noctigon DM1.12, as Hank has had it on sale for some time. However, for the same emitters as the TS32 it’s way more expensive, and you don’t get built-in charging. Plus, it runs only 1 cell, versus 3 in the TS32. Yeah, a different body color is nice and the RBG light switch is useful, but it seems the TS32 is a much better choice. Especially since there’s a handle for better control and shielding from heat.

One thing I’m not getting… isn’t the light operating both beams independently? Meaning, you can run both on, or just SFT40 or 519A bank? If you’re running just 519A below turbo (e.g. high or lower), the tint is greenish?

Yes I could confirm unequivocally that by Opple measurements, by photography, and by direct visual observation on white wall, there is a significant change when going from sub Turbo to Turbo. The Duv swings from positive 0.0020 to minus 0.0040 for example.

White wall hunting photography showing the above is here: Budget SUPER-LIGHTS w/ 15000+ lumens: Wurkkos TS32-Nichia 519a VS Chinese Power-Leds in Haikelite HK05, JKK76, Nightwatch Chaos - #70 by cannga

I should add that outside of white wall hunting, in actual use when shining on real subjects with darker colors, it’s not as noticeable and doesn’t bother me, as picky and tint snobbish as I am. And the Turbo’s wall of light is the most beautiful beam you will ever see. Creamy white, meaning neither too yellow, nor too rosy. Small lights like S21D just cannot achieve that look, like when a whole side of a hill lights up.

2 Thanks

The two buttons of TS32 control the two beams independently, on/off and output.

Yes IMHO, for these ultra-high lumen lights, 3 battery soda-can might be awkward to hold for some, but more desirable than single battery. Otherwise you will be running out of battery all the time, especially if you use the light for long walk the way I do.

And the high power draw also makes USB-C charging much more necessary, for me anyway. An example is my beloved Nightwatch Chaos; haven’t commented on it yet but it does run out of battery so fast, AND it doesn’t have USB-C charging. I love it for other reasons, nearly as much as TS32, but not for these “shortcomings” (to me).

The large thermal mass will help with stepdown as heat is the major enemy. “Super lights”: This is the one time where I would prefer a large body. Same thing with SBT90.2 - doesn’t make sense to put it in a small host where it would be severely handicapped. All IMvHO as always.

Goodness all this time I thought that Jin Heng WAS his name lol. The plot thickens. Who here is Chinese from China that could shed light on this mysterious character?

I love all my super-lights, including his JKK76, and it’s almost painful for me to say anything negative about it. :man_facepalming: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Good point. Yeah, the TS32 isn’t meant as an indoor task light. Properly designed to address broad outdoor illumination. So in that sense, white wall isn’t all that relevant, as long as color rendition of the illumination field isn’t badly skewed.

And about thermal mass, I imagine the SBT90.2 in the TS30S must heat up the host pretty fast. But for 45% cheaper than the TS32, it’s pretty attractive. Just a bummer it’s still sold out on the Wurkkos site.

Look up fogofwar’s posts here…he shared some first-hand info about the man a couple times. I think it’s been some months since he last logged in but it’s easy to find users now (that “more” button on the side menu). I’ve thought of buying a couple of the lights but other trinkets keep getting the attention first.

Thanks. Interesting info Quick reviews of some lesser known Chinese flashlight brands (Jin Heng, Starfish, Pioneman, etc..) - #4 by fogofwar

In the thread linked above, @fogofwar Said:

I asked Old Jiang to make me one with a SFT40 and the driver is a bit under powered for it (only 5.2A)”

You might want to PM him and ask if he has contact info…

Good idea. I’ll give it a try.

Especially for anyone new to Nichia and wondering what all the brouhaha is about, I hope this crop of above 2 pictures HERE shows what high CRI and high R9 (strong red) capability brings.

My observation of lights in my (small) collection: a LED with low CRI and poor tint (for example positive-Duv green) in the range of CCT 5000k and up tend to impart 3 changes to observed colors:

1. Makes leaves much greener, almost pretty in fact (from the green tint?).
  2. Turns light shades of brown branches into grey.
  3. Turns red flowers into violet (from adding blue and lack of red?).

Please keep in mind JKK76 lost the tint war but won big in output at 20,000+ lm; it’s quite a bit brighter than TS32. Also, Wurkkos with Nichia 519a does “this” to all other lights in this group, not just JKK76 (why many nutty hobbyists :slightly_smiling_face: seem addicted to Nichia).

I bought the JKK76 with 3000K SFN’s on Kaidomain. Is that not available anymore? That one is supposed to be high CRI and is rosy not green.

Thanks for sharing; very interesting and good news. 3000k version is still available: http://kaidomain.com/JKK76-7x-SFN55_2-33000-Lumens-USB-Type-C-Rechargeable-21700-Flashlight

I would like to add another aspect of how JKK76 and TS32 are different, and this only for the nuttiest of hobbyists and only because I feel like it’s my job to dissect all 4 lights :slightly_smiling_face: .

TS32 has 2 LED types, with two distinctly different throws: the 12 Nichia’s throw is 371m and SFT40’s is 664m. The result is that in actual use you could see that there ARE 2 different beams and the slight discontinuity in the middle area if you shine it down a very long straight road. Second, when both LEDs are on the spill of the SFT40 also affects the overall tint a little bit. Neither of these 2 beam “characters” bothers me and when you blast the 519a to Turbo and see the beautiful Nichia 519a beam, all is forgotten.

JKK76 (and Haikelite and Chaos) being single-LED type has a more “homogeneous” beam profile. Bright near and gradually less bright as you look further away.

The clever combination of 519a with SFT40 in TS32 (an idea wholly “born and bred” in BLF by BLF hobbyists) allows outstanding 600 plus meter throw. Great Nichia 519a tint, great SFT40 throw. A true 2 lights in 1 deal :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:.

Here’s beamshot comparison with Sofirn IF22a, another SFT40 light that uses a 5 degree TIR versus smooth reflector of TS32. Similar throw, but TS32 has a larger hotspot and much more useful spill. The beam is “balanced” with good throw AND spill, much more to my liking.

Up next, the gigantic Haikelite HK05.

The plate that converts triple flat battery to triple button battery from Convoy fits perfectly, but weirdly doesn’t work for Haikelite HK05. It is nothing but a round plastic plate with 2 sided copper button. And it just doesn’t work. Maybe the thickness of the copper button is not enough?

I ended up just buying the TS32’s plate from Wurkkos, whose customer service is outstanding (thanks Eric), for 2 bucks. Should have done that to begin with. The Wurkkos TS32’s plate works perfectly for both Wurkkos TS32 and Haikelite HK05.

The Convoy button also works perfectly. I now could use flat top batteries with Nightwatch Chaos. Patiently waiting for “grade A” Molicel P45B as end of February is coming up. Hoping the “grade A” class is not vaporware :slightly_smiling_face: .

Can you let me get 3 of those grade A p45b cells too? Where can I order those from?

I haven’t found anything wrong with my P45B’s from Nkon. I don’t know if they are A or B grade, but probably not that critical on flashlight use. I don’t think they would be alloved on markets, if there’s some danger in them. Maybe A or B grade makes big difference in giant battery packs, where there can’t be any mismatches?