$100 Budget MONSTER-Lights w/ 15000+ lumens: Wurkkos TS32-Nichia 519a. Comparison with Chinese POWER-LED Heavyweights: in Haikelite HK05, JKK76, Nightwatch NS59v2 Chaos. (Summary & measurements on P. 1)

So only source remains Nealsgadgets with his Nightwatch Chaos? I am glad I took the plunge. I vaguely recall Neal charges and arm and a leg for it but I got it during a huge Christmas sale. Maybe 10 bucks each or something after discount.

I managed to buy an NS59v2 directly from the nightwatch taobao store and it ends up around $30 cheaper than neal (with batteries included), if you can get a good deal for shipping. Seems like I managed to sneak the batteries in as well, they were only $3 more than base price, hopefully it doesn’t get lost in transit.

1 Thank

I’ve been testing P45B versus Neal’s “Mystery” Lishen in Mateminco PD90S w/ Chinese “power” LED SHF55. This light has only one single LED, but it’s a blood thirsty one.

When I run output tests with the Texas Ace lumen tube, the numbers vary within a range and then there is a max value. It’s very clear in both instances (range and max), the Lishen is a class above. About 10% higher.

P45B so far in a few of my monster lights (JKK76, Mateminco, Nightwatch Chaos) equals my next best battery, the Samsung 30T, just not the Mystery Lishen. I am still testing but I will have some numbers coming.

2 Thanks

Great deal. When you get the batteries, careful about using it in other lights. The dome of my Neal Lishen tends to “collapse” once I’ve used it in other single-battery lights. I had it in Mateminco PD30S and Wurkkos TS30S for shootouts, and think the Mateminco with its very strong spring did it.

I notice Nealsgadgets website now lists 2 versions: SFQ60 (mine) and another one with 9 “SSQ55” (must be a typo for SFQ55). Nightwatch NS59v2 9xSFQ60.3 32000lm 2*21700 Flashlight – Nealsgadgets

1 Thank

I’m testing of P45B against Samsung 30T in 2 flashlights that use 3 batteries, Jin Heng JKK76 and Wurkkos TS32S. Neal Lishen is not in this test because I only have 2 of them.

As mentioned, the test is strictly Turbo turn-on output, nothing more. I run test 5 times and up for each light, with fully charged battery and cool down period of 30 minutes or more.

The results show very close performance between these 2 batteries with respect to both range and max values. Essentially identical in Wurkkos TS32S, and slighly more for P45B in JKK76. For example 22,300 lm P45B versus 21,600 lm Samsung 30T.

Although it didn’t beat Neal’s Lishen, FOR ME the P45B is all things considered THE best battery among the ones I have (Samsung 30T and 40T, Molicel P45A and P45B. Neal’s Lishen). Why? Its capacity: 4000 mAh plus.

Paradoxically, while both Samsung 30T and Neal’s Lishen are necessary for bragging rights’ output and throw measurements, the capacity is not “helpful” for these very same lights. At least for the way I use it, high power for my 45 min evening walks, the batteries run out way too soon. And could I tell the difference between 27000 vs 29000 lm in my Nightwatch Chaos? Without an instant AB comparison with 2 lights, not so sure.

Especially now that there’s a price war, down to $7.50 at 18650 battery store, P45B is even more “accessible.” Btw, WTH - $12 not too long ago right? It’s business I know, but something just doesn’t feel right… :thinking:

1 Thank

Just want to share my test results comparing Turbo turn-on outputs between some of the battery heavyweights. The flashlight used is Mateminco PD90S which has one of THE most blood-thristy LEDs on market, the SFH55. Specs: 9100 lm, max current draw 62A. Outputs measured with Texas Ace lumen tube.

No inference intended other than Turbo turn-on output. Test was done multiple times, and at different occasions to observe trends. Batteries recharged to full and light was cooled in between runs. The highest value is reported. I’m making more measurements so please don’t be surprised if there are changes.

Turbo Turn-on Outputs of Mateminco PD90S:
Nealsgadgets’ Lishen “LR2170HP” Code=03BCEA3 7400 lm :astonished: :exploding_head: :slightly_smiling_face:
Molicel P45B 6700 lm
Samsung 30T 6700 lm
Samsung 40T 6300 lm
Wurkkos 5000 mAh 5600 lm
Liitokala 5000 mAh 4700 lm

In Jin Heng JKK76, Molicel P45B and Samsung 30T also have similar outputs. While both 30T and P45B has similar result, P45B is for me the number one battery to get as its capacity is higher than Samsung 30T.

PS: In Nightwatch Chaos, Molicel P42A and Samsung 40T have similar outputs.

2 Thanks

While playing with the Nightwatch Super Valkyrie, I think I have found an answer as these lights have similar “strange color” flashing behavior. And the answer to this mystery is simple, I think:

1. Red flashing is lower power, about 10 watts through my energy monitor thingy.
  2. Orange and green is “Quick Charge” charging, going at about 20 watts.

Such high current charging is not necessarily good for the battery.

As mentioned. Mine will only flash RED… and shows 18 to 19 watt charging… No matter what combination of button presses AND Regardless of what charger I use. Always red flashing at the switch.
And for the most part, USB C to C does not work. (only one out of 5 cable and charger combinations will charge at all with C to C, that at 18 watts not changeable). But, again, I think mine is just flat broken when it comes to charging.

BTW I looked at the manual …again. This is what it indicates:
Flashing Red is 4A charge from a 20 watt supply. (Mine shows 1-19 watts with discharged cell)
Flashing Red and Blue 6A from 30 watt charger. (I can’t select this regardless of charger and cable)
Flashing Blue 8.5A from 45 watt charger. (I can’t select this regardless of charger and cable)

But yeah, the light will draw what it can based on the setting and supply capability. In the best case it would only allow you to select the level that your charger supports. But a few people have reported (I think you as well @cannga ) that higher levels can be selected, even with only an 18 watt supply… but it just doesn’t increase the actual charge level. Flaky at best. I would really like someone to check with a USB C supply rated at over 45 watts to see what it really can do.(or if it works at all).