1000 Lumen , 60-90 minute run time-Night walker?

The Fireflies E12R can easily sustain 1,000 lumens for over 1 hour given how many emitters it has and the very efficient LUME driver and there are plenty of good tint/CRI options. The Olight Seeker 3, Olight Perun 2, and Olight Warrior 3S can also achieve this with their ultra efficient drivers but they only come in standard CRI CW tint. The Emisar D4K should also have no problem with the boost driver but it doesn’t have usb recharge. Keep in mind these lights all have high quality, high efficiency, regulated drivers unlike many of the lower cost linear driver lights that are much less efficient and their light output tapers down with battery voltage.

Can I ask why 1000 lumens? I went for a long night in a forest walk a few weeks ago with a 7,000 lumen light and didn’t use any power level above 200 lumens.

Acebeam E70-AL XHP70.2, Olight Seeker 3 Pro, Convoy M3-C/M21D/M21F, Thrunite TC20 V2, and Sofirn SP33S will all sustain over 1000 lumens, but are 70CRI.

The Acebeam will sustain 1000 lumens for an hour?

I didn't know that.

It's my favorite floody flashlight.

What emitters would be recommended for the Convoy flashlights to sustain 1000 lumens for an hour?

XHP70.2 is always good for efficiency.

Two lights come to mind. This one I carried as a duty light for a few years before retiring. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832743980962.html? It’s been used nearly daily, dropped several times, Mateminco TK01/Astrolux FT01. Review Astrolux FT01 review | Tactical flashlight with CREE XHP50.2 and 2,000 lumens | 1lumen.com The other Mateminco MT01/Astroluv EA01 with an extended tube 26800 battery will run 2.5+ hours at 1000 lumens. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801845916516.html? https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802861525406.html? The extra length of the tube fits the hand better. About 120 minutes with the 26650 battery. https://1lumen.com/review/astrolux-ea01/ Your 1000 lumens at 60-90 minutes is going to need some mass. 26800 battery 26800 6800mAh 3.7v Li-ion Flat Top Battery – Aloft Hobbies

It can, shown twice (A, B).

One of the rarer Sofirn/Wurrkos lights that has the steak to back up the sizzle, with a good driver.

For those who don’t consider Anduril a necessity, it’s a arguably a better light than its sibling TS21; more flood, doesn’t suffer severe step downs, only a slightly longer form factor. If they had gone all the way with a high CRI version of the emitter, the contest would be sealed.

To me, like the SP35, it’s a sleeper, or at least started out that way. Nobody paid any attention to it early on, but strong fundamentals have made it a more common sight now. It’s also a potential candidate for the OP, though at about the 800lm level, with a beam tipped on the throw side of the scale.

Shows what the brands are capable of, still at a budget price, which makes it all the more frustrating that most of what they sling is the cheap FET-driven stuff.

1000 lumen is approximately 3 Amperes from a single cell.
So you need more than 3Ah (3000mAh) battery capacity to provide that current for an hour, so the obvious battery choice i think would be one of those 4900mAh 21700’s that are rated for 10 Amperes max continuous discharge current, run and LED at 10 Watts or so and there you should be able to get 1000 lumen for 90 minutes.

Heat may be something to look into, since even a C8 type body gets hot at 10 Watts, eventually.
You might want to use a highly efficient LED (big die, underpowered, 5000 - 6000K,lower CRI) driven with less Current, like 2.3 Amperes or something.
An efficient buck driver could be better than a linear constant current driver if the Vf of the LED at 1000 lumens output is not far above 3 Volts (like with an underpowered LED).

Thanks for the input guys! Much to learn- Before I popped this question I did order the D4V2 but without the boost driver as I saw somewhere that it was overkill. Will do some playing when it arrives and will see if it makes me happy.

Yes I know 1000 LM is a bit much for walking at night and actually since we live in the country on some nights zero light is required but just threw that out as a #. I believe I am just seeking something easily carried in pocket with a high run time if needed.

Good choice for sustained run times. The 26650 D4SV2 will give you some extra run time if you find you really needed it.

Your other option is the FireFly options with the new LUME1 driver. The E7 series and NovMu series are really nice!

Well it just so happens that I recently purchased the E07…………
Also recently acquired the Imalent LD70 which has a nice floody bean but dies out rather quickly at 900 lumens.

Started with a few rovyvons and learning everyday! I had no idea that their are flashlight addicts worldwide and some really great flashlights. My friends think I’m odd and my wife knows I am crazy but much cheaper than collecting fishing rods…….

My personal recommendation would be the Convoy S21B with the Nichia B35AM 5700k.

Efficient driver with an efficient high CRI LED is the best combo.

My M21A with the B35AM is a really good flashlight in a reasonably compact format.

Thanks for the info on the TS22. Good to know that it’s a legit 1k steady lumen light in such compact size & form factor.

I also have an SP35 and I wholeheartedly agree with the rest of your post. Constant current drivers FTW.

personally i would not want over 150 lumens in a semi flood pattern for night walking

maybe turbo for a few seconds

what you are talking about will require 2-3 cells, and a huge heat sink and probably cost $300

i would cut the continous-1000-lumen rule to 200 at most

it;s way more likely that a 1 cell pocketable light under $75 can be found

like say FW3A

Straying pretty far from the OP original request but, my FW3X works well for where I walk at night. More light intensity would be nice but, then I would not be able to put it in the "watch" or "fifth" pocket of my blue jeans.

When I think about 1,000 lumens, I'm also thinking about >100m range as well, not a general walking around flashlight.

Hello brokearrow - as in T-town area?

Enjoy your new lights.

@wle Uh no?

1000 lumens at 100lm/W light efficiency equates to a power draw of 10W, easily doable with any remotely driver efficient light, and for almost 2 hours using high capacity 21700/26650 cells.

still will be unpocketable[big], expensive, and need a lot of heat sink [heavy]

So just a Convoy S21B/M21B? lmao.

[quote=peg matite]
Hello brokearrow - as in T-town area?

DUCK city!