1000 post giveaway (winner announced)

testing my luck

I’m in

….so I’m in….

(nearly five years since I was last in your lovely country, to get married to my wonderful Mrs in the Ice Hotel in Jukkasjarvi)

SP

Bring it on, I’ll evaluate the crap out of your UI :wink:

Well, I need to ask some questions about a light so I have to post here first as this post has to be #1000.

So the winner is… CheapThrills.

(entered 0 and 93 as I’ve never seen first and last win).

So what did you win? A whole bunch of waiting… Well, for a while. I’ll be putting together a dual switch light with a driver I’ve been using for development (which is why it looks a bit messy):

I’m not sure what light yet. The light I was originally going to use is a little difficult to convert to dual switch (hence the need for me to post a question) so it looks like it will be another. As I’m not quite sure yet I can’t say, but a single cell 18650 light with a XM-L2 of some sort.

I don’t need an expert evaluation with equipment and measurements, I basically want an evaluation on the UI, and if possible detect problems/bugs with it. It has a heap load of functions that won’t be of use to most people, but I’d like someone other than me to test it. The driver in the light you’ll be getting may have bugged firmware and you won’t be able to re-flash it easily as I’ll be using the reset pin (needs high voltage programming to flash again after enabling the reset pin). If future upgrades are needed we’ll have to sort that out somehow.

I’ll make a thread of the fully assembled light when it’s done and post a link to it in this thread.

Congratulations Cheap Thrills on winning the light and carrying the test burden :bigsmile:

@Mike C, that solder job looks better than anything I have ever done :-)

congrats to the winner and thx Mike for the Chance!

Congratulations CheapThrills!
Thank you Mike! :party:

Congrats CT and thanks Mike C.

congrats to Cheap Thrills and thx Mike C for the Chance! :beer:

Congratulations, CheapThrills!

Congrats.

Wow!

Im dead-sleepy after night shift and just looked my messages before bed, now I got those Thrills :smiley:

Sure, I will give a review!

I had a little pause on following drivers stuff but just last week ordered some DrJones drivers to test and upgrade some of my P60 lights.

Will be very interesting I think!

That was fast!
Congrats cheaptrills

That went fast :slight_smile: cheers!

Yeah, sorry about the extremely fast give away, was hoping to have this light ready for post #1000 so I waited… but didn’t make it anyway.

congrats dude! (ie, CheapThrills)

Thanks for the giveaway Mike.

Congratulations on your design! Photos look good. I am impressed.

CheapThrill’s light has been put together. I need to hold on to it a little while longer for more testing, then finalize a few tings before sending it on: Custom dual switch driver finally seeing some light.,

Light has been received in good condition - will give it a test soon… :sunglasses:

Sorry it took for ever, but the firmware drastically changed so many times. If you get a chance to run through some features and have comments, post them here: Mike C drivers and X85 firmware.
Your driver is the G-16 with X85 firmware (dual switch configuration). There are some differences in your firmware but the basic functionality is the same.