1000 post giveaway (winner announced)

I think I´m in 8)

Congrats on 1K. It's great having you here.

I’m in. Come on. What could go wrong.

Would love to see what you have come up with. I’m in…thanks!

Count me in mate

Ooooo! A spanking new driver!! :santa:

I’m in, thanks for the giveaway.

Im in

1000 interesting posts, thanks!

I'm in for a light with genuine Mike C driver!

testing my luck

I’m in

….so I’m in….

(nearly five years since I was last in your lovely country, to get married to my wonderful Mrs in the Ice Hotel in Jukkasjarvi)

SP

Bring it on, I’ll evaluate the crap out of your UI :wink:

Well, I need to ask some questions about a light so I have to post here first as this post has to be #1000.

So the winner is… CheapThrills.

(entered 0 and 93 as I’ve never seen first and last win).

So what did you win? A whole bunch of waiting… Well, for a while. I’ll be putting together a dual switch light with a driver I’ve been using for development (which is why it looks a bit messy):

I’m not sure what light yet. The light I was originally going to use is a little difficult to convert to dual switch (hence the need for me to post a question) so it looks like it will be another. As I’m not quite sure yet I can’t say, but a single cell 18650 light with a XM-L2 of some sort.

I don’t need an expert evaluation with equipment and measurements, I basically want an evaluation on the UI, and if possible detect problems/bugs with it. It has a heap load of functions that won’t be of use to most people, but I’d like someone other than me to test it. The driver in the light you’ll be getting may have bugged firmware and you won’t be able to re-flash it easily as I’ll be using the reset pin (needs high voltage programming to flash again after enabling the reset pin). If future upgrades are needed we’ll have to sort that out somehow.

I’ll make a thread of the fully assembled light when it’s done and post a link to it in this thread.

Congratulations Cheap Thrills on winning the light and carrying the test burden :bigsmile:

@Mike C, that solder job looks better than anything I have ever done :-)

congrats to the winner and thx Mike for the Chance!

Congratulations CheapThrills!
Thank you Mike! :party:

Congrats CT and thanks Mike C.

congrats to Cheap Thrills and thx Mike C for the Chance! :beer:

Congratulations, CheapThrills!

Congrats.