10180 Chargers

Thanks TBone. That one is cheap enough I can throw it out if I screw it up. Don’t know how to solder and not very mechanically/electrically inclined. Hopefully it will come with some kind of directions.

Wow, that thing is tiny! It does 4 channels! Wow! I might have to get one or two of those, since I have several 10180 cells, and my DQG charger is broken. Thanks for the link.

If only there would be a holder for 10180 aka 1/3 AAA. I could not find one in the hole ’net.
Anybody with a 3D printer can get contacts and contact springs from a (4x)AAA holder and print his own short version.

What about using a spacer with your AAA holder? You could make spacers from aluminum bushings or a piece of copper wire. I used some #4AWG copper wire and PVC tubing to make a few spacers of various sizes to use in flashlights.

Also, I don’t know if it would work, but possibly you could cut out a middle section of your 4xAAA holder and fasten the two ends back together to make a shortened version. I might try that for mine, since the charger is made for 4x cells, and I have at least that many 10180 cells that could need charging at the same time.

Oh no. :person_facepalming:

I was just looking again at that little Micro USB 4-channel charger. It’s made for LiPo! What kind of charge cycle does a LiPo use? Will it still work for 10180 Li-Ion cells?

Should do if same voltage, think what cells are in the likes of the Nitecore TIP, Stratis Lumina etc, LiPo.

I tried doing some searching around the internet yesterday, but couldn’t find whether the charge profile is the same. From what I did read, LiPo is described as a Li-Ion cell with a solid polymer instead of liquid electrolyte. Voltage should be the same. But Li-Ion as we know it has a specific proper way to charge. If the LiPo charger is even a bit different, I’m afraid it might reduce the already tiny capacity or the cycle life of the cells.

I always thought LiPo was pretty much the same thing as Li-Ion cells but in a soft case instead of steel can, with maybe a very slight difference in chemical/ structural makeup.

Sorry for the late question but where would the soldered wires attach? The little pins?
Thanks,
Bill

Yes. No soldering required.