12 lights - 2 days and 1 very tired old guy - Maglite Mania! 11:00 PM it's DONE!!!

Thanks for giving the play by play, it helped me with terminology a lot :slight_smile:
Awesome work :wink: If my son doesnā€™t sleep through the night I may be up to snag one lol

Orsm job by an orsm gentleman. Well done. We will have to change your name to marathon man.

no collection is complete without an OL Mag !

thx for the nice Job

No I havent. They seem to be very consnstent. Of course these are all off of one roll, but stillā€¦

Glad to see you snagged one.

Way to go Justin. Somedayā€¦

Congrats on a great Marathon, Justin! I edited the first post to put one of your finished pictures at the top for the teaser post on the front page, hope you donā€™t mind.

sadly I missed the nail biting tension of reading this in real time, but it was still a great read over coffee, thanks! This has been a great inspiration for a present for an ā€œimpossible to buy presents forā€ Uncle. Heā€™s an aircraft mechanic, so a small, high CRI LED torch would be perfect for him. Iā€™ll have to go back through your other posts to see where you get the optics and copper :slight_smile:

3/4" copper rounds and 5/8" copper rounds - user: "bopper" on Etsy. Optics are from CNQG.

I'm exhausted just reading what you went through. Great Job!!

I edited Post #1 at the bottom, with where I got the components from.

thanks OL, I appreciate that! Just had a fun 15min reading through all your AA build threads :slight_smile: That optic is a 20mm O.D. one, right? I have some of the LED DNA 10deg optics that might also work. This all gives me a great excuse to order some Nichias from IL.

20mm, yes. CNQG had 15, 30 & 45 degree.

No problem.

cool, thanks. Thatā€™ll make it a lot easier :slight_smile:

OL these look so cool well done.

What a neat way to take us through the process. What are you going to do with all those lights??

He already sold them and I have one on the way to me. :D

Wellā€¦walk away from here and look what happensā€¦

Youā€™re my hero Old-Lumens!

Not a surprise they went quickly.
I admit I was around (luckily) early enough to purchase but I must confess that the 1.2V NiMh incapability was a deal killer for me :frowning:
Still, it kinda bugs me why I did not get one. Maybe I made wrong decisionā€¦