13-inches Humongous reflector HID host found (final reading of about 3.8M cd)

Hehe i just love this :) the DRY which is bright as hell if seen alone seems so faint in this picture. Gonna order me a 85W 'ebay' HID flashlight pretty soon! Love the EDC factor of the DRY but it has to be a mighty feeling to have a light which easily brightens up +500m and has 4 times the lumen of my DRY. Although i know the SM5200 is cheaper and will outthrow a flashlight shaped HID easily i can't get over the form factor/size of it. I know how far my DRY throws, I have seen pictures of the TK 70 humiliating the DRY in throw and I have seen pictures (from you) of the EBAY hid humiliating the TK70 so i guess the throw of an ebay HID will do for me (although it gets humiliated by a sm5200 :))

just ordered a sm5500. now the waiting starts.:)

finally got some pics of my 5500 to post

interior shot showing stock 35w ballast in its plastic case.

metal wire clip holding the bulb base to the reflector's opening

target house at center is approximately 430 meters

control shot

TK 41 turbo

DBS v3 Aspheric with 1.5a pill.

sm5500 - stock 35w ballast / 35w bulb (6000k)

sm5500 - 55watt ballast / 55w bulb (4300k)

that house really felt the brunt that night.just made sure no one was home before we took those shots. next pics will be at a longer range.

I think you can fine tune it for significantly better performance. It should look like a star with the brightest hotspot (not necessarily smallest hotspot). If you have a lux meter then it's a piece of cake by memorising the position (rotate left/right, move up down left right, just need a lot of patience screwing and unscrewing it.). If you have a lux meter and give me readings, i'd be able to tell you if it's good to go. :)

Amaretto got interested in it as well and purchased it, and modded the heck out of it as well.

http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/hid-taschenlampen/12267-vorstellung-sanmak-sm5500-100w-hid-superthrower.html

i just dont understand why this beast doesnt come with the adjustable stand.

you can see there is a provision for it to be attached. that is one thing i need to do a mod for. tried to fit a costco light adjustable stand but its too wide.

It comes with it, probably just out of stock from the factory (Sunfat HK) or something.

just skimmed through this thread again.

has anyone found where to buy this w/o having to email the alibaba seller in the OP?

hey, has anybody got one of those sanmaks that run on a cig plug, no internal battery? i’m thinking of getting one and modifying it to run on an internal battery but i’m not sure if that’s possible.

hello, excellent testing. 13-inches Humongous reflector HID host found (final reading of about 3.8M cd)

I am really surprised by a range of 2.2km, with 55w !!.
The reflector has some lens or only the 30cm screen.

With a 250w Osran halogen, do you think it could reach 2km?

https://www.osram.com/ecat/Low-voltage%20halogen%20lamps%20without%20ref…

Reflector is 8”

Thank you very much
Regards