14500/AA Host*Kaidomain*

Are there any 14.5/15mm to 17mm driver adaptors? Thinking of using Rey’s Lan/pineapple driver in either this or an AA tool. I think the tool driver is 15mm? Not sure if Rey’s driver would fit.

Resurrecting a dead thread, as I’m considering buying some of these hosts to mod.

I want to make a single emitter Lh351d with either a MTN-DDm 17mm FET+7135 or 17mm DrJones driver (using just 14500s).

With this build, I’d like to use the FET channel, as long as it won’t destroy the emitter. And I’m wondering whether I need a DTP MCPCB to accomplish this.

I can’t find a 14mm DTP from mtnelectronics, will this 12mm be way too small to use?

If I use this 14mm non-DTP MCPCB from Illumn, will I be in danger or overheating the Lh351d?

I assume I will have to file down the widths of either of these MCPCBs to around 1mm, as well. Is that a correct assumption?

Finally, is Kaidomain a decent source for some “dogfarts” Lh351d? I can’t find any other source at the moment…

This will answer an old question here. I can confirm the ReyLight driver is too tall for a Lumintop tool AA pill. Too bad.

If you only need to shave 1mm from the 14mm board (I imagine ½mm around, actually), then unless the 12mm would be sitting precariously on the narrowest of ledges on a dreaded “hollow pill”, the 12mm board should be fine.

I ordered a bunch of weirdo small sizes from… think it was LEDsupply… for just such occasions. Plain Al, not DTP, but small lights aren’t meant to be screamers anyway. :laughing:

Is MTN still in bidniss, even? Haven’t heard anything from/to/about him in ages.

I would say that DTP is better than non DTP, be it copper or aluminium.

I recently fried a LH351D on a non DTP board in my Tool AA.
BUT, beside the thinness of the board and pill, I used a Vapcell H10, probably the cell that will deliver more “juice” in the 14500 kingdom.

So, in case you use non DTP boards, don’t use that kind of cell. Use the Vapcell ICR14500 (Gold), which will not power up the FET to it’s top.

Or, use a layer of copper, brass or aluminium below the led board to help on heat dissipation.

I guess I’ll buy a 12mm and see. Or try to find a DTP 14mm MCPCB to file down just in case.

I just bought some Convoy C8+ hosts from him to build so he seems to be in business!

Is this just a “spacer” that I buy in the correct diameter? I don’t have the tools to make my own at the moment. Or the skill, I should add.

Your experience makes me think I should be going DTP MCPCB, or with a copper spacer, regardless.

I would say that DTP is probably better, specially if you don’t have tools or materials to make that “layer”.

If you chose the Jaxman E3, you can use the 16mm DTP MCPCB without issues :wink:

Thanks y’all! I’ll probably go E3 on this route.

But will buy some cheaper KD hosts for the future.