[15-JUN-2013] Another new server configuration

I get email notifications again! It was a box in my account that was checked, when it wasn't before. Unchecked and it works now.

My email notifications are rolling in now, like normal.

Anyone else noticed that this thread takes forever to load: How did we do? (FastTech.com)
Especially when you click on the last post link?

It would’nt allow me to log in 10 min ago. There is still plenty of issues so it seems with this one.

It’s not loading at all for me.

Works fine here, just takes a few seconds to load.

Me neither.

I’ve had a lot of issues with this new server already. I don’t think it’s what I call an upgrade.

BLF is not loading well for me right now. Takes a long time, usually I give up as it takes a minute, then clicking again it might load in a few seconds. Strange.

It’s loading for me now.

I sometimes get the above message if I try to open BLF posts that either have a lot of pics or videos.

The problem is identified in the first two words of your comment title :smiley:

:bigsmile:

It's a little slower tonight. Last night it was a rocket . . .

burningouthisfuseupherealoneFoy

Hi everyone,

Thanks for confirming your results with email notifications. Sorry about some of the messages still being classified as spam. Hopefully this situation will improve over the next couple of days as the email providers get to know us. Please continue to mark messages as “not spam”. But at least they are arriving in the spam folder now.

@FlashPilot: Could you please go to “My Subscriptions” and open all of those threads? That will ensure that you are set as “visited” so that you will receive an update for any future posts in any of those threads. And please let me know how it works. Thanks a lot!

Anybody still having problems with undesired logging-out while trying to browse or post? If so, please delete all of your browser’s cookies from BLF and clear and restart your browser.

I’m still tweaking the site for performance. That’s why you probably noticed a brief outage in the past 10 minutes or so of this post when I rebooted the server. There are a ton of options and variables, some of which I can’t really test alone. So I would appreciate your continued feedback here.

Thanks, and have fun!

Previously the rss feed only listed threads that were pinned to the front page. Now every thread is showing up.

I prefer the previous behaviour if possible. I’m not a regular poster, but I love reading the reviews. If I have to look through all the threads then it will take more time than I have to give it and I will have to leave.

There are many knowledgeable and passionate users here, which makes this a great resource. Obviously as the heart and soul of the site their needs come first in this upgrade process. For me, having a “curated” feed kept me coming back and enjoying the site on a regular basis with a better signal to noise ratio.

Thanks for all you do!
David

@SB - So far, so good! I seem to be getting my notifications now… more time will tell. Thank you!

Although this is unrelated, there has always been a glitch in the notification URL.

For example, I have an email notification:

There are one or more updates to this BLF thread:
“How did we do? (FastTech.com)”
How did we do? (FastTech.com)

Clicking the link takes me to the first post on the first page, but not to the actual comment 412325 (which I assume should be the first new comment in that thread since I last visited.) I think the links work as long as the thread doesnt exceed 1 page in length, but then fails after posts roll over to pages >1.

Ah, good, I’m really glad that it’s basically working now. Yes, the link to posts beyond page 1 in any given thread is basically a known problem, and that is a limitation of Drupal. I’ll look again to see if I find any workarounds, but no promises.

I’m finding “recent posts” is taking a while to load. Also, normally I read with a few tabs open at a time, and I’m finding if one page is stuck loading, any other pages won’t load until I either stop that first page request or close that tab.

Youve sure come a long way SB. Thanks for all that you do for us!

I assume that there must be a drupal forum where admins post their software glitches. Maybe you could link a few threads here, and blf members could create logins and help support your complaints! :bigsmile: Hey, it might be worth a try…

All your hard work is greatly appreciated, SB!