150 plus flashlights.

Any compilation photos? :smiley:

I have a Zebralight SC52 I like. Thrunite Archer 1A is a good allrounder with moonlight mode and a powerful high, with a throwier beam than XML lights.
I ordered an Olight S15 I’m waiting keenly on. But I classified S15 as a multiple AA light.

I tried sharing my list as a Google Drive Spreadsheet here

I were writing them down to see how many I’ve got so the descriptions may not be comprehensive enough on some. As you can see, I sometimes buy twice to make sure I can use one and keep the other :slight_smile:

You are addicted. Better stay away from this forum. Go CPF more often and that should cure you.

I’ve got 184

I wish I could have such a stand.

I keep them in a closet, layered with some shelf seperators, some kept in old camera bags and share the same closet as with my cameras. I used to have 50 cameras. Sold some, broke some. Still have tens of film cameras.

I have between 30-40 I think. Not sure as I have never counted them. I do feel like I have more than I need. I like them all and want them all but I know I could be just fine with 10 lights or even a few less.

I count headlights, bike lights and weapon lights as ‘lights’ not just hand held flashlights. If it were just hand held lights, I think 3-4 would be enough to not feel I was lacking too much.

I don’t have to cut it down that much but I do need to make a decision on which lights I want to keep out and which ones I should put away. Right now, I have all my lights out on the kitchen table, shelves in the dinning and desk in the dinning room. It’s making a mess and so are my batteries. I need to put all this stuff in my gun room and just leave out my most useful ones.

Its no more of a hobby, when this become this big its a symptom of mental sickness, buying useless things is unconsciously buying someone you are missing (love, raison d’être, recognition), its a weakness that everyone is touched to certain degrees, the woman’s are easily the worst.

Sell all the stuff you don’t need and maybe try new things you are yet to discover. :slight_smile:

True.

I buy Car Waxes (yes some people do) in Spring and Summer and buy flashlights in Fall and Winter. I used to buy old film cameras, clean, oil, fix and sell in Winter when my primary hobby was photography. I carried just too much equipment and quickly fed up carrying tons of bags all around my shoulders. I could take photos happily with my sole camera before that .

Anything you do, just stop now and then and think why you are there. Otherwise you find yourself derailing into just another tunnel.

I bought my first flashlight because of the long blackouts in the neighborhood. And there were giant snails I always felt sorry when I hear a crack under my foot in the dark. Now I moved to another house. Can’t use my flashlights that much but now I have a ten times more flashlights compared to those days.

hmm… you might be right… but the problem is whenever i discover new things… it’s always cost me the same amount of money too
eg: telescopes, i used to be fascinated with the stars… cost me almost the same amount of money, buying the eyepieces is very expensives.
at least my world is a lot brighter now :bigsmile:

Well, if I have a mental illness, please don't heal me. I'm having too much fun.

You have me beat :open_mouth: i like your display cabinet !

source?

I'm often amazed that this keeps coming up .

I have exactly as many lights as I want .

While on vacation I was surprised that I hadn't brought enough lights or batteries with me . 15 lights and an extra 12 18650's wasn't enough..So it sort of depends how you use your lights .I think if you're worried about your mental health or say you have ocd or some other illness than your problem might just be you talk about it too much.

i see i will have to do a photo of all my lights soon then :stuck_out_tongue:

Just out of interest what sort of vacation do you go on where FIFTEEN lights isn’t enough? :open_mouth:

I tried to figure last night out how much I have spent on this hobby. Best I can tell, no less than $3K. That's alot, but in return I have received:

• Hundreds of hours of "entertainment". Also, the supplies, parts, and tools I have will be good for hundreds more.
  • Learned some about how light behaves and optics.
  • Learned some about electronics, LED's, and batteries
  • Learned some about thermal dynamics
  • Learned some about grinding, sanding, and pounding copper and aluminum
  • Have a nice collection of lights and batteries for the up coming zombie apocalypse
  • Made some "friends" here on BLF
  • Made some good gifts for family and friends

I think the dollar per hour spent is probably lower than any of my other hobbies.

I agree - while I too have spent thousands of dollars of the last 18 months… its way way wayyy cheaper than other hobbies I have had… I remember buying performance parts for my Audi S4 in 2010/2011/2012… an exhaust and computer tuned ecu were easily several thousand + and that was just one upgrade…

bottom line I sold the car for a cheap daily commuter car and got into flashlights! LOL … and like you said made some good friends here on blf

+1 to what Ima4Wheelr and jmpaul320 said.

Cabin in canada with no elect.