17mm & 20/26/27mm single-sided DD/FET driver release: A17DD-SO8 / A20DD-SO8 / etc

I have this driver A17DD-L FET+1 Driver from banggood paired with xml2 u3 and with Keeppower 18650 3500mAh, Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mA.

With fully charged keeppower battery on tail cap I measured only 3.5A, and with panasonic only 3A in turbo mode.

Is this normal, whether it is worth to change battery to get more amps?

90% chance your meter is the problem

I measured using 0.1ohm 2w 5% resistor, I only get 300-350mV

Those batteries are certainly far from the best to use for max amps - Samsung 30Q flat top is great, maybe the SONY VTC6 the best, but they are pricey. Also depends on other things: thickness/length of LED wires, if springs have been bypassed or not.

Now with spring bypass I have max 4A with Keeppower 18650 3500mAh. About 0.5-0.6A increase.

0.35v is a ton of drop. You can easily lose 1A+ from that much drop.

Looking at this ak47 at mtnelectronics.com . . Close to my desired 100/75/50/25/10 levels. . Never having this driver, I don’t understand which option to choose that would get me close to these single amc7135 levels. . Memory of course, remove two amc7135 naturally. Start in low, if no memory. Probably 7, but is that custom or is custom where I can choose my levels?

Yes, i run a service sector business. . On one hand, both my workers and myself regularly accidentally use the high modes. . This can strand my workers or myself for hours without ideal inspection work lights. . During the sales phase wow factor can come in handy, also my huge Fenix 35 for final brief inspection. . However it is not 2012 anymore and people aren’t wowed anymore. . Runtime is always their first question, and if not full day, they loose interest. . Moreover, you should be able to do more with less power as the years creep. . Not more wow, as the years creep.

So, if the wow (non workday) levels were locked or hard to get to…. It is 8th grade math that one battery swap a day, cost a company 1000 to 2000 use a year.

Yes, the ak47 looking better, as a cheap faster alternative to 555 on vdd. . Though at this 5 minute point unsure how customizing works…. It is easy enough to add a second switch for a second amc7135. . I really don’t like the efficiency droop over 700ma. 700 is super bright with right v6 setup and smallest runtime. . I can always wear a strap on wristlight to double my hl output.

Even biking with my buckpuck 700 ma 2 watt 2x18650 xpl light at highest speed downhill I couldn’t out run my lighting by a 5th. Keeping from inhaling the bugs was my biggest issue.

Such heated topic,many people come to the heated topic…Now I am joining.

Yeah, really heated indeed. No one has written anything for almost three months. Incoming spam alert.

However,I did not get the hotpoint of the topic.What is mainly about ?