17mm/22mm MTN-MAXlp - Low-Profile 1A-4A Programmable Buck Driver + 22mm MTN-MAX

Sorry, I never got around to updating the component list. I really need to redo the entire main post since there have been so many changes over the years.

There is also a 20mm driver again, but 4-layer this time and much better than the old 20mm design.

Starting a new thread would be cool :slight_smile: Is this driver much more difficult to build than a fet/fet+1 etc driver ?

I think that a new thread is in order at this point. I've been so busy though lately that it has been hard to find time to do it.

I would consider these to be much more difficult than a standard FET driver due to the small pin pitch no-lead components, number of components, and the fact that the 20mm and smaller are double sided.

Thanks Richard . Take your time , i think we all can wait :slight_smile:

A 20mm driver is just too good to be true. Great news.

I agree with giorgoskok, take your time, at least I can wait. Thanks for all the effort you put in these drivers.

As this driver is not longer available I stepped into it and designed my own 17mm Driver

I completely went from scratch just taking the same Max16820/16819 Chip,
Attiny13A MLF10 went to MLF25 Attiny 25/85 for more features and programming space
6mm spring pad to fit common BLF springs, where the MTN had 5mm

I also found that on many cases the 16819 is far better to get a relative low switching frequency
The 16820 is designed for 2Mhz the 16819 has with same values only 666kHz

Using the formulas from the data sheet to optimize part values on 3 examples

I have made here a BLF topic
It is an interest list to see how much parts I order from mouser beside from prototype ones

The design is with 2/4 Input capacitors and 1/2 3A fly back diodes depending on the output current

Dang, would have been great if you could get 2S 6 amps for the flat white W1. Can you do a little better than the 4.5 amps?