18350 Battery tubes for BLF A6, Eagle Eye A6 and X6, as well as codes for short Convoy S2+ tubes in Blue and Red!

I am already in for (2) - #425, 426.
I have now purchased all three tints so put me in for one more anodized a6 short. Thank you!
Total of 3.
Neil

This is mighty wicked, I am super tempted. Like 1dash1, I too sometimes ponder $4 a little too much while spending way too much on my various glasses. I got my 1A, and already place another order of 3C for the BLF A6 ( actually order-cancelled, order-cancelled, and then finally giving in and let the third order go).

I may have to skip this one. Got way too many 18650 already and don’t really wan to invest on 18350. We’ll see if I change my mind in a few days. hehehe.

I’m already on the list for one, but I just ordered 2 more BLF a6 so I’m going to need two more tube please. So that would be 3 black anodized tubes total for me thanks. I’m number 417 on the list

Update: Just got in the BLF A6 threaded short tube, it looks good, but there are some fit issues that keep it from working on 4 out of 5 of my BLF A6’s

I will post some pics in a day or so, they look great and make the light what I had envisioned. I do believe that they are lighter than the S2+ 18350, now I have to find a scale to verify this…

Thanks for the patience on this group buy so far…

Thanks for the update ReManG :slight_smile:

Could you weigh the complete BLF A6 with the shorty tube & a 18350 cell?

I have been trying out the A6 as my EDC but i find it much to heavy (i have been totally spoiled by my 1000 lumens XP-L Jexree Mini at only 25g ;)) so i am really hoping the shorty A6 will cut down on some of the weight :slight_smile:

My stock BLF A6 with the 20R cell & without a clip weigh 111g, and i hope the A6 in triple spec with the shorty tube could get the A6 in to the XP-L Jexree Mini’s range of lumens per gram.

Another $5 temptation. And, ah, there it is: Jexree Mini mod V6 with XP-L V6 3D on DTP with 18awg wires & the bare MTN12DD board with *detailed* mod info

Yeah it was one of my first mods & it is still my favorite EDC.

Drop in a XP-L V6 3D on 10mm sinkpad & use the Efest IMR10440, and nothing beats it in lumens per gram :bigsmile: (and not least per :money_mouth_face:+ the beam is great for anything up close (as soon as you learn to not use it like a little light but aim it like the big output deserves. It has a nice soft hotspot about twice the A6’s with a very similar spill and because no AR perfectly rendered nice tint :wink:

And now with Richards single sided 10-12mm fet driver you can even get modes and LVP if you want.

And hank, i like to use the red anodized version for the red XP-E2 on a 10mm sinkpad and it works even on AAA cells, the XP-L gets to weak output to be much usable on enelops but the XP-E2 colors is fine and they work on the 10440 also on the stock driver.

I might have something that beats it
Fenix E05SS with direct driven XPL, unsure of the weight of it
Edit: 32 grams without battery…

Do tell ;), and can it run from start to empty cell without overheating the components like the Jexree Mini? It do get hot and you might not like the heat but it always survives.

EDIT yeah that was one of my inspirations when i wanted to build something like vinh’s E05SSvn, but without the bug of not surviving a full discharge, and build it for a fraction of what he charges for it. If i could afford vinh’s builds i would probably never have started modding at all.

But most inspiration was from djozz who built a version with an XM-L2 before me and showed the way :slight_smile: thanks djozz.

I think a AAA titanium light with a DD XP-L could beat it in lumens per gram but then again, you couldn’t use it without fear of overheating the led or shorting out something because of bad heatsinking, just like a SS light in the form factor.

It really is the sweet spot for a fully usable tiny but very bright EDC light, if anyone can find a potential host that can beat it, please let me know because so far i haven’t found one.

Yeah it’s a vn light, and it’s VERY hot after 60 seconds! Think I prefer yours!

If you’re comparing it against a 1xAAA light, any 18650 light will seem heavy. The battery alone is nearly twice the weight of the light it’s being compared to.

Yes, i have realized i might not want to go back to 18650 EDC lights.

But i hope a triple in 18350 spec like the shorty A6 or a 14500 triple like the very nice alu K6 :slight_smile: could be a good candidate for some extra output.

At least the lumens per gram should be much closer & hopefully make up for the extra weight in extra output potential.

I am thinking maybe a triple for ~3000 lumens, but with around a weight of ~75g in a nice alu 18350/14500 host. So more sustained & efficient output in the lower levels & more top end turbo when i want the extra light, in a light with very similar lumens to gram ratio as the 25g 1000 lumens XP-L Jexree Mini.

The only mod thread with no pictures.

My size sweetspot is the 16340 light (my current favourite host: Supfire S1, cheap, moddable and well-build), enough runtime to use it as my bicycle light as well (2x25minutes every day worktraffic) and small enough to keep in the pocket of my pants at all times. My most recent version: 800lumen shaved-dome 219C with two-colour lighted tail :-)

Why did you have to mention this light? I have not been around for a very long time, so I had to Google it. And now I am feeling twitchy all over again! Thanks a lot :wink:
No serious, X-mas is approaching and by giving some presents I can create a bit of space for a new kid on the block.

I will check out the Supfire S1, only 32g without a cell nice :slight_smile:

What are the strongest 16340 cell?

Supfire makes a clone or rather sells a version (the A1) of the oem light Jexree mini are based on, but with a button instead but unfortunately only in gold though.

And Henk4U2, you wont regret it they are even nice stock no harsh blue led & a pretty nice NW on the last ones i got anyway, but if you want to take it all the way check out Richards MTN-12DD driver & an XP-L V6 in the tint you like :wink:

Im in for a couple of short tubes for the EE

ReManG:

I’m number 407 on the list.

Can you please add one BARE tube to my request?

That makes a total of two: one Anodized + one Bare
for BLF A6 flashlights.

I bought a bunch of 18350s to power my new Olight M3XS-UT, so I might as well make use of them with my A6’s. Funny how these things work out!

Please add me for 1 bare and 1 anodized tubes.
Highly appreciate what you are doing here, ReManG. Thanks!

Please add 1xAno for me. Thanks.