18350 Battery tubes for BLF A6, Eagle Eye A6 and X6, as well as codes for short Convoy S2+ tubes in Blue and Red!

Do tell ;), and can it run from start to empty cell without overheating the components like the Jexree Mini? It do get hot and you might not like the heat but it always survives.

EDIT yeah that was one of my inspirations when i wanted to build something like vinh’s E05SSvn, but without the bug of not surviving a full discharge, and build it for a fraction of what he charges for it. If i could afford vinh’s builds i would probably never have started modding at all.

But most inspiration was from djozz who built a version with an XM-L2 before me and showed the way :slight_smile: thanks djozz.

I think a AAA titanium light with a DD XP-L could beat it in lumens per gram but then again, you couldn’t use it without fear of overheating the led or shorting out something because of bad heatsinking, just like a SS light in the form factor.

It really is the sweet spot for a fully usable tiny but very bright EDC light, if anyone can find a potential host that can beat it, please let me know because so far i haven’t found one.

Yeah it’s a vn light, and it’s VERY hot after 60 seconds! Think I prefer yours!

If you’re comparing it against a 1xAAA light, any 18650 light will seem heavy. The battery alone is nearly twice the weight of the light it’s being compared to.

Yes, i have realized i might not want to go back to 18650 EDC lights.

But i hope a triple in 18350 spec like the shorty A6 or a 14500 triple like the very nice alu K6 :slight_smile: could be a good candidate for some extra output.

At least the lumens per gram should be much closer & hopefully make up for the extra weight in extra output potential.

I am thinking maybe a triple for ~3000 lumens, but with around a weight of ~75g in a nice alu 18350/14500 host. So more sustained & efficient output in the lower levels & more top end turbo when i want the extra light, in a light with very similar lumens to gram ratio as the 25g 1000 lumens XP-L Jexree Mini.

The only mod thread with no pictures.

My size sweetspot is the 16340 light (my current favourite host: Supfire S1, cheap, moddable and well-build), enough runtime to use it as my bicycle light as well (2x25minutes every day worktraffic) and small enough to keep in the pocket of my pants at all times. My most recent version: 800lumen shaved-dome 219C with two-colour lighted tail :-)

Why did you have to mention this light? I have not been around for a very long time, so I had to Google it. And now I am feeling twitchy all over again! Thanks a lot :wink:
No serious, X-mas is approaching and by giving some presents I can create a bit of space for a new kid on the block.

I will check out the Supfire S1, only 32g without a cell nice :slight_smile:

What are the strongest 16340 cell?

Supfire makes a clone or rather sells a version (the A1) of the oem light Jexree mini are based on, but with a button instead but unfortunately only in gold though.

And Henk4U2, you wont regret it they are even nice stock no harsh blue led & a pretty nice NW on the last ones i got anyway, but if you want to take it all the way check out Richards MTN-12DD driver & an XP-L V6 in the tint you like :wink:

Im in for a couple of short tubes for the EE

ReManG:

I’m number 407 on the list.

Can you please add one BARE tube to my request?

That makes a total of two: one Anodized + one Bare
for BLF A6 flashlights.

I bought a bunch of 18350s to power my new Olight M3XS-UT, so I might as well make use of them with my A6’s. Funny how these things work out!

Please add me for 1 bare and 1 anodized tubes.
Highly appreciate what you are doing here, ReManG. Thanks!

Please add 1xAno for me. Thanks.

Done, hope it helps, but the scale I have is not too accurate. If you get the chance, would you post some pics of that mod you did non the Jexree Mini… Sounds great, but I am a visual learner…

I guess I’ll have to make a grab for the bandwagon. Can you put me down for one bare and one EE please?

Updated in the OP with pics….

If the rabbit approves, its good enough for me. :bigsmile:

I’m down for 2 at 117 and 118, can you mark those as 1 bare and 1 EE?

I also need another 2 EE if they fit the A6 and X6. The EE A6 Triple I built this afternoon is too potent on an 18650, get’s blistering hot in a very quick 12 seconds… I mean, you can’t hold it to 15 seconds! (2474 lumens at over 12A) Anyway, it’d fare better and be awesome as a stubby. :slight_smile:

And the X6 looks freakishly awesome as a stubby, so I have to go that route at least once!

So, for me the total will be one bare, 3 EE (two A6 one X6) Thanks, appreciate it! :slight_smile:

Nice :slight_smile: Thanks ReManG.

Where did you get an aluminium S2+ spacer? Richard only sells copper (EDIT wrong he has aluminium sS2+ spacers), i think the S2+ spacer should work for the A6 also. I had planned to use a few noctigons for a spacer but i wanted to make it as low weight as possible so an alu spacer would be nice.

I will try to upload some pics of my first one i did tomorrow. When i did that thread i had never even posted a picture online before or had access to a working camera, so that is why no pictures. And i had always planned to do several upgrades to the mod with proper documentation but a lot of other modding have got in the way so far.

Interesting, 12 seconds sound not very useful unfortunately, was it XP-G2’s? Did you test some lower drain cells to limit the power, to get more usability from the A6 triple like we discussed in the A6 GB thread?

I bought an aluminum S2+ spacer from RMM a couple weeks ago…