18350 Battery tubes for BLF A6, Eagle Eye A6 and X6, as well as codes for short Convoy S2+ tubes in Blue and Red!

The new pics in the OP are great. The "stubby" BLF A6 Special Edition is a must have!

What if I told you that you can’t send me that wonderful toy? … that there’s not enough room, it won’t fit into the shipping box, that it’s just not feasible to get the post office to accept it? :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds pretty effective and quick, actually. I still need to file down a 16mm Noctigon to 13mm. I figure I’ll probably just mark it with a sharpie and go at the marked areas with a dremel. Then I can flow an emitter onto it and upgrade my brass 18650. I don’t want to use the original MCPCB because it’s a cheap non-DTP aluminum one.

I’d say… you’re right, you’re wrong, and you’re wrong again. (this is, of course, after translating “you told you” to “I told you”. :stuck_out_tongue: )

I sold it to another member here. :stuck_out_tongue:

I do, however, have something else in mind for you, even better than this and in nicer tint. :wink:

Edit: To turn a solid mcpcb that doesn’t have a hole in the middle, I use (believe it or not) 3M weatherstrip adhesive to mount it to a 1/2” dia bar of aluminum (or a hex head bolt) The stuff I’m talking about is what they sell to mount Dealership badges or emblems, or re-affix the weatherstrip or door bump strip. It works really well, and still comes off when you’re done. Go at it too furiously though and the heat will make the adhesive sloppy and cause it to shift. I have done this many many times, with the mcpcb on a 1/2” piece of aluminum and using a cut off wheel on my rotary tool.

Edit II: remember to cut a small bevel on the top edge when your’e done so the pads can’t short against the side of the pill. :wink:

D’oh, joke spoild by typo.

At least this one was on purpose. :slight_smile:
(and I fixed the other one)

TK, your circle isn’t in the middle of that mcpcb… just saying

That’s why I like spinning them to cut them, take a little time to get it mounted properly such that the thermal pad shows a true centering when you spin it and then it’ll be right when your’e done. Using a file or sandpaper to do this can be brutal on the fingers… I’ve had mine bleeding on more than one occasion.

I’m in for one tube

Maybe OT, but which is the best 18350 battery for the BLF A6 short tube?

In the list for one BARE.

Can you ask for a bundle option with Keeppower IMR 18350 for a special price?

I will be going with an Efest Purple IMR 18350, I’ve found them to offer the most current and hold up longest.

Thanks for the update!

Thanks for the pictures & explanation Dale :slight_smile:
I hope i can do something similar.

But i have a real hard time even opening the head :~ to be honest i thought people where exaggerating when they said it was screwed on super hard. But so far i have totally failed to open it :frowning:
Oh well……. i hope the bare one will be easier to get open.

And TK, my favorite way to cut down a 16mm noctigon is just that :wink: to use a big metal scissor to just cut it to size and then file & sand it to a nice finish, it doesn’t always look pretty but DTP mcpcb’s are so efficient it doesn’t even need the maximum surface for good enough heatsinking, at least much better than the old non DTP alu you had there before. For example the Jexree mini i posted about earlier, i cut down a 16mm noctigon to less than a 10mm sinkpad size and it works great.

I’m numbers 442&443 I’m needing to change mine to bare non anodized please. Thank you in advance.

Could we get a close-up picture of the threads on the various versions of this?

I’d really like to see how they’re cut.

(I’m on the list now just for two EE — I’d like to see pictures of both kinds of thread as they’re being made though)

I’m at 43, 45, 274. Can I remove one and leave 2 bare tubes? Got rid of my black light.

I have the Efest Purple and the KeepPower, they are both about the same for me, but I do not have extensive experience with these batteries like Dale and some of the others do. The Nitecore is good too, and the budget Soshine are holding their own, even though they are only rated to 2A….

I will, this is what I was trying to get too with Neal, and the holidays are almost over so I will talk to him more about this. A tube and one or two batteries? I would lean toward two batteries, but that is me…

I will try to get the best photos I can, but I am no Dale or some of the other fantastic photographers here…

I’m in for two EE please and thank you!
8>)

I’m in for one tube, BLF A6 in black ano, thanks.

Alright, me too. For the BLF A6, I need:

1x black ano
1x bare aluminum

instead of making one thing right making a complicated thing more complicated you see this mankers cant even turn a tube the right length or cut the right threads on it and now you ask them to do an additional tube with similar threads this will confuse them more and will make wrong tubes sent to wrong customers this would never had happened if the group would be firm on specs and accept only A6 specs

same as the original GB more tints and more options instead of get the right thing right effective and efficient are close but not the same