18350 Battery tubes for BLF A6, Eagle Eye A6 and X6, as well as codes for short Convoy S2+ tubes in Blue and Red!

The X6 Stubby Triple

I need to look into those V5’s, the higher binned HI’s are difficult to find lately.

I know FT’s text descriptions are like funhouse maps, but WTF?

XP-L HI — 400 to 455 lumens?

Compared to the other emitters with, er, far more lumens claimed?

Just ordered my set today. I wasn’t aware they had been finished. Thanks a ton for all your work ReManG!

I haven’t checked for sure but maybe they mean at 1.5A.

Thanks for the pics Dale, the shorty X6 triple looks great i can’t wait to try it out :slight_smile:

How does it feel to use and hold with the front heavy head of the triple?

But where (outside USA) to get the purple miracles?
If you read HKJ tests, most high current batteries in this size have a fairly limited capacity - and why should they sell new (v?) 920 mAh batteries labeled as only 700 mAh?
I don’t get it, but nevertheless I would like to buy it. :slight_smile:

cajampa, there is no “front” to be heavy, it’s so short it’s just a single piece that fits nicely in the hand. All of a sudden that band of knurling around the bezel is important, the thumb and forefinger find that a perfect holding point. lol

Nice very good point, sounds great :slight_smile:

Could be it’s a lottery; could be the capacity drops off very quickly after a few cycles; could be, um ….

Some times they take the Binning Lumens and sometimes the max Amp Lumens.
On MK-R Emitters they wrote the Binning Lumens but not the binning, so you have to look which binning is nearly the lumens of FT’S Product page.

Mitko wrote

No it is a XP-L HI just check the product pictures, and of course we all where suspicious about them but we asked fasttech to double check with there suppliers if they REALLY could be such an rare and until now not available flux bin.
But yes according to them they are genuine XP-L V5 HI 1A’s, but sure they can be something other also but i am sure plenty of us have bought some of them so we will know soon enough if they are real or not.

Thanks for the mention! I tossed one of these Efest 700mAh 18350’s into our equipment and was amazed to see that they are indeed quite underrated now. This was not true of the older light purple version but the new dark purple one tested out to 910mAh at 0.2A even though the label says 700mAh.

I’m wondering if maybe the lower rating than reality is because of the very high amp rating…I’m guessing if I run these anywhere near the rated 7A continuous that the observed mAh will be significantly lower. Will test later today near 7A and see what happens and post back, then maybe I’ll try something in the middle like 2 or 3A since Efests generally have a lot of trouble over half of their rated current or so.

I did not even mention of anything like that.

[quote=cajampa] and of course we all where suspicious about them but we asked fasttech to double check with there suppliers if they REALLY could be such an rare and until now not available flux bin. But yes according to them they are genuine XP-L V5 HI 1A's, but sure they can be something other also but i am sure plenty of us have bought some of them so we will know soon enough if they are real or not. [/quote]

Do you really think someone would dirty themselves to tell they are not genuine bins? I cannot see that happen regardless what is the reality behind this particular LED.

Then I guess Mitko's opinion does not count, until others post their opinion. It kind of sounded like that.

At Intl-Outdoor he shows a picture of the label on the reel. :wink:

Theoretically, it could still be wrong, but he’s going above and beyond to show us as best he can, a big step in the right direction if you ask me.

Yes, I think this is a great way to do business. I appreciate it….

As far as determining the actual tint/bin, right now we just estimate the bin off the lumen at a specified amperage (within a range), but how do you estimate tint in a semi-quantifiable way like the bin?

An educated guess is about all you can do unless you have Mitko’s briefcase…

You didn’t but your quote from Mitko did :wink:

Where is the X6 Stubby Triple or the parts to make one available?

The short tube is the one in this thread obviously, but I believe there is a heat sink you have to buy that is custom. Everything else is off the shelf. If you PM DBcustom, he should be able to help out more. I think it looks like a bulldog light, all head, no ass. I like the look….

This thing looks great!!! The body looks like the A6 shorty (which I already have) with a bigger head. Thanks for the heads-up.