18350 Battery tubes for BLF A6, Eagle Eye A6 and X6, as well as codes for short Convoy S2+ tubes in Blue and Red!

So in spite of the fact that I immediately messaged on the site, emailed, and chatted with BangGood to combine the three orders, they responded and said they did not combine them. So that is pretty shitty. They force you to separate orders to use coupons, but you have to pay for tracking for each item, which defeats the purpose.

Banggood is not another vendor that “forces” you to get tracking. I am about 50/50 on orders with tracking vs without from banggood (20+ orders) and have had only one not show up, it was untracked. Two emails later to CS, the replacement is on its way. It does stink you can’t get the multiple coupons combined on one order, but that is their system.

At least with the one you have tracking on, you have a timeline for when the others should get there….

Received my A6 anodized short tube today and cant get it working. The A6 works fine stock, I get continuity on the switch side so I’m guessing it is short on the driver side. Does anyone know the short tube length? mine is 36.4 mm. Thanks…………………Jesse

Are you sure you have it right way around? One end is longer than the other and the short un-knurled end goes to the tail.

Have you tried jumping the tail switch out? Just head and tube with battery, then short back of battery to end of tube with pliers or a screwdriver. If the head lights, the switch end is bad, if not the head end. Whichever end it is, bend a paperclip in a circle and use it like a conductive gasket…

Either way, let Bangfood know you got a bad tube, they should replace it….

I’ve tried jumping the tail, and knurled side toward the head. My guess is it was made shorter than the others. Going to email for a replacement. If someone has calipers and could measure a working one that would be cool. Thanks again……………………….Jesse

My short tubes had anodisation on one of the tube ends, that is where electrical contact is happening. I had to sand the anodisation off to get it working.

Got mine, needs bent wire rings at both ends to make it work!!!

For info it’s an anodised one and light is the second batch with longer thinner springs.

I would contact Banggood, the first pre production samples I got were too short, the second were just right…

You got a bad tube I would say…

Try the paper clip solution.

(Shape a paper clip into a ring the size of the tube, trim excess, and install in the tailcap and/or head.)

Jhullin,

Check how deep the threads are on the short tube compared to the 18650 tube, you should be able to see if they are shorter. I know the Paperclip trick works, but that is such a bad solution for long term in my opinion…. That said, my original (too short on the switch end) short tube has been giving steady good service on my work light with some twisted strands of copper formed into a ring to make contact. No problems even after plenty of rough service… I guess it is what makes you happy, but Banggood needs to know if some tubes were made wrong….

ReManG, good idea. I just checked and the fullsize tube is definitely longer on driver side threads. The paperclip test worked, but I agree not a good long term solution. Thanks for the help everyone.

If you contact Banggood, just take a picture to show them the difference between the two tubes….

i received my x6 and a6 short tubes today, and the x6 looks really nice in shorty version!
My red 800mah trustfire IMR gives me higher amps than my keeppower 750 mah IMR in my bare 3D A6.

Here you go. First is the FastTech clip. A bit long but re-bent might be just the ticket.
Here is the REYLIGHT clip from the BLF Ti GB. The screws are too short and it doesn’t come with nuts since it was made to screw into tapped holes but is a better length.

Thanks Scott :slight_smile: they look great, i really like my little stumpy triple X6 just have to get me a clip for it.

Is the REYLIGHT clip available somewhere? It does looks a bit better. it almost makes the light look even smaller :bigsmile:

that lil stubbie is so cute!

A few posts back I said my short tube needed bent wire at both ends and was given good advice to contact Banggood.

I started the process by taking photos and measuring things up, then I spotted my mistake………

I had fitted the O rings in the groove directly behind the treads and not jumped them over the next ridge which would have put the O rings next to the knurling on the head side and clip space on the tail.

So when I tightened it together the O rings bumped into the internal threads and held the contact points apart.

As I said in the subject field I feel a little silly but thought I would share as there is a slight possibility it may help someone else.

Clip are still available. http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/395090663/DSC_0034_zpstytxsc57.jpg

Sivy - Nothing to feel silly about. It is little things like you just brought to our attention that help a lot.