18350 Battery tubes for BLF A6, Eagle Eye A6 and X6, as well as codes for short Convoy S2+ tubes in Blue and Red!

Anodized 18350 tube ordered on 02.12.2015 works on anodized A6 ordered on 25.08.2015.
My A6 is AFAIK first batch with clip with long ‘wings’ and square centering ring.

So I guess second batch is somehow not compatible?

Indeed, I know it’s frustrating, and I can’t begin to imagine how they got the threads changed mid stream. Now that they have this nightmare on their hands though, all we can do is be patient while they sort it out.

Someone, as it has already been suggested, most likely forgot to dial in the new thread pitch after running a different light. Much easier to do probably than we’re aware of. And because these were individual tubes, there really wasn’t a sample base to test em on, so they got ran and sent out. When the problems started arising or somewhere in the middle there, probably the guilty party dialed up the mistaken thread on new A6’s and the chaos was introduced to the nightmare. Who knows, maybe an employee was disgruntled and about to quit, might have done it on purpose laughing with every tube/light dropped in the box.

+1. Well said. It’s not a huge deal guys. You’ll probably buy another light that uses the battery anyway. I’m sitting on two short tubes that I can’t use and I haven’t even asked for a refund yet. I’d rather they figure this out cause all I want is working tubes.

Or go your own way and swear off of Banggood if it makes you feel better. What are you doing to do, buy everything from Gearbest? Cause that always goes so smoothly, right….

It’s annoying but not the end of the world. I’ll just get a refund if the second doesn’t work.

Not to derail the thread too much, but with a few of us newbies buying 18350 batteries just for this light. Can anyone recommend some interesting alternative lights which take 18350 batteries? I’ve done a quick search, but haven’t come up with much.

Check out the Convoy S2+ beautiful colors too and from what I read the shorty tubes made for it works.

Convoy S2+ is the most popular. You can get them from banggood for around $12 with a coupon (check M4D M4X’s thread)…

Duh… not sure how I managed to forget that I could just get a short s2+. It’s even in the thread title!

To be honest though, I’m not so much into anodized lights, unless its that sexy silky smooth matte black that Convoy does on some of their lights. I much prefer bare metals.

If you look back a few pages here in this thread, Djozz shows how to strip anodizing with only drain cleaner… Lots of info here, don’t feel bad for missing it, just be glad you aren’t the guy proofreading the search algorithms…

[quote most likely forgot to dial in the new thread pitch after running a different light[/quote]

Do we have here anyone who has and knows how to use a thread gauge or whatever the appropriate tool is?

It would be real helpful to explain how to characterize a thread. I recall there are three important numbers that define a thread, I think.

If we could identify what we’ve got, we could figure out if the supplier is sending out anything repeatable (and interchangeable), or just eyeballing something that looks good enough to ship and to heck with it …

Hate to be the bearer of bad news. Received my replacement bare short tube and no go.

Hope others have better luck.

So what are the guidelines now to have a working short tube?
Also issues have been reported only on bare version, right?

I don’t think so….
My anodized one didn’t work either. On the side of the head , it was 1-2mm shorter , so it wasn’t touching the retainer ring. Threads were ok

The issue with the ano heads was as above, too short to reach the driver retainer. This is fixable with a conducting shim under the retainer. With the bare tubes some just don’t thread on at all and what’s not yet clear to me is whether this is a problem with the tubes or whether certain hosts were made differently.

Are banggood still sending out short tubes that don’t work? Ordered for “normal” BLF A6, EE A6 and Convoy S2+ red and blue.

I received my replacement bare tubes yesterday, for the 2 that didn’t fit the threads of my lights.
They were EXACTLY as the first ones! :_(

The previously received black BLF A6-one and the EE X6-one both fit perfectly…

So the problems is on the BARE version of A6, not the normal black one?

I’ve skimmed through the thread and I’m not sure why I’m not quite getting this? I’m sure the answer is here but maybe someone can clue me in.

I have an extra blue s2+ short tube. I want to know if the s2+ short tubes fit the astrolux s1? If they do, I will hang on to this tube til the blue s1 comes out. If not, I’ll just order another blue s2+

Can someone inform me?

I don’t have an S1, but I do have a BLF A6, which is a very similar light. If the S1 and A6 are threaded the same then the Convoy shorty tube will not fit, because my blue S2+ shorty tube will not thread onto my BLF A6. Hopefully someone will come along with a more definitive answer.

No, with anodised version too (like mine).