18650 flashlight to use and leave in car

Wow that seems like a really nice light. I love the battery indicator. However, it’s a little more than I’m willing to spend on a flashlight at the moment…

hey Slim. are you sure about the Blaze and RCR123’s? I can very easily test that right now…If you want to forward a 32$ replacement fee!Just kiddin’ but I thought it said not to use RCR’s in the blaze. Anways, RCR are LIion like 18650, so the temp. issue is still there as per the OP.I do agree about the Blaze…a great light to travel with!I took mine to Maine 2 weeks ago to Boothbay.Must say though…could have used a dedicated thrower across Nickerbocker lake on the very foggy nights/mornings!I was happy to be there with 75-78F highs when it has 85-90+ in MD.

Thanks pointing that out, Raw, I’ma edit my earlier post. I remember the Blaze’s product page specifically mentioned not use them, at least before Bryan took it down from his website the first time earlier this year. For some reason the pages for both the Blaze and S-minis lights now say the V-in range is 3-8.4V. The caveat is they don’t list 2xRCR as a battery configuration. I’ll e-mail Bryan and see what he says. Disposable 3V CR123’s are good to go for sure, though.

We're glad that you joined, fengstar!

Heat does reduce li-on capacity, but it’s really not an OMG deal. If the cell loses 30% over a year, after two years it’s still only a “loss” of half a $5 bill or so (trustfires).

Some stats.

Thanks for the warm welcome :D.

I’m not really worried about replacing batteries, I mean what’s $5 per year right? I’m more interested in the safety aspect of leaving such batteries in the car.

If you’re really concerned about the safety of storing Li Ions in the car put the light and batteries in the trunk, otherwise use lithium primaries for long life storage conditions.

You can get one for $20 less than official dealer prices :slight_smile:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/370640063870