18650 size flashlight with 5 to 8min @1000lumens

Zanflare F1?

From what I’ve read here and saw in some reviews, Zanflare F1 turbo (+1200 lumens) automatically drops after 30 seconds. You may double click to get the turbo again, and again, but I don’t know if it doesn’t get too hot to hold.
Maybe High mode can hold on a bit more, but I don’t know if it holds that time you need.

If you want, take a look at one of my favourite reviews of the light. Long, but complete!

Maybe a F1 user can answer you better than I did :wink:

The E2L will heat up just like the S2. It actually weighs less and heat reaches the outside faster because of the design. But the heat will build up the same over time. The limit is how much air touches the outside of the flashlight, to carry heat away. The E2L and S2 have very small differences— only a larger light would be better.

There is no waytoruna small light like the S2 at 2,8-3A without it getting hot
Maybe a longer tube
Thrunite TN12 (of its brother with charging)
I did a review on a nice Darktort tube that too is longer and has some cooling fins

You have to make a choice, add length or width or run lower amps (I like the S2+ with 4 7138 chips, that stays at a safe temp on highest mode and for a longer period.)

I think a Jaxman E2L host with 3x XPL2 or XPL HI, and H17F driver could sustain 1000 lumens for 5-8 minutes. The head of the light would get very hot, but it has plenty of good heatsink fins and you don’t need to hold or touch the head to operate the light.

Multiple emitters will be a bit more efficient and produce less heat at 1000 lumens, but an S2-sized light will still get very hot in 8 minutes.

The jaxman e2l stock pulls 2.1A and does 740 lumens, according to this measurement.

No way with S2. “DQG Tiny 26650 III” is thicker than S2 but also much shorter and outputs solid 800 lumens on high mode permanently (and 2500 lumens on turbo for a minute).

SP31 and SP32 both drops after 3 minutes on turbo.

And you can visually distinguish the 1000 lumens 700 lumens? And 500 lumens? Are you sure? :slight_smile:

Yeah the Sofirns drop at 3 minutes. I have a run graph of the SP31 here:

You can manually bump it back up but I didn’t graph for that. But it could do the 5-8min you are describing handheld without getting excessively hot. I walked with it in approx 75F (24C) weather.

Nitecore tm03 or other light with boost driver and xhp70.

Lumintop SD mini will do the job perfectly, no step down from 1000 lumen,at least with my sample. There should be termal regulation but I haven’t seen any after 10 minutes on HI. It will get hot but not as S2 or similar shaped lights.
Price on GB was something like 25$ for xpl hd

Yeah Lumintop SD mini has a bigger head but still a small light

I will observe some reviews

Otherwise the Jax man e2l or s2 with 6 7138…

Yeah it’s little beefier but surprisingly compact, better feel in pocket then any other longer lights. Plus USB charging as well, but only 500mAh and stops to early at 4.10V……

mAh is a capacity.
Maybe you meant 500mA?

That’s exactly what I meant! Thanks Enderman

Or there is also the new small triple from mtn but not released until the 16 of july or the ftw3 from the miller

Not real with such tiny lights.
1000 lumen triple=333 lumen\led=0.7A\led (xp-g3)=2.1A~8W total.
It can be used in S-series host if you hold it in your hands, but if your turn it on and try to take it after 5 min of work you wont feel comfort.
One XHP70 will be able to give same ouput with 6…6.5W total consumption. (There was no throw requirements in first post, so we can compare just bare lumens, regardless focus abilities in small host).

OK so the best is to find a xhp small light. Efficiency speaking as I understand

But there is not much lights no? Nitecore concept 1 but it does not sustain more than 5min 900lm…it step-down quickly. I have to find a bigger firm factor??? Or go for a small light even if it gets hot. I don’t mind high temp.

I have a T30 modded MtG2 and DD17 driver so I can say that’s quite hot after min!!! Really good output but with 2s 16350 batteries runtime is very small. That’s a perfect output lumen floody light. Temperature is not a problem for me but runtime is. There is no modes only 100%.