18650 storage box's

Got my el-cheapo boxes. Some wrapped, some not, all OK.

Bought 8 more. Wanted to wait 'til the first batch arrived, before ordering more.

They work. Hinge and closure lip OK so far. Time will tell.

Any Americans here have suggestions for storage cases one can easily pick up from Walmart, Target, etc? I don't need a specially designed cell storage case. What doubles well for this particular purpose?

Just for the purpose of organizing batteries and to keep them from rolling around I use a plastic drawer that was in a small "cabinet" of the size for holding small screws, tools, etc.

The whole thing is about 1 inch high, 8 inches wide and 6 inches deep. There are removable dividers in there (which I remove) and three dividers that aren't removable. So there's room for three rows of 18650 sized batteries or smaller.

Currently it's holding (5) 18650's, (2) 14500's, (2) 10400's, (6) AA Eneloops, (5) AAA Eneloops, (4) CR123's, (7) alkaline AAA's and (1) lithium primary AA. There's still room for more since batteries can basically be stacked 2 high if desired.

The cabinet itself had 5 of these drawers. I bought it to hold small tubes of watercolor paints and supplies. I doubled up some of the paints and just pulled one of the drawers out. I leave the drawer back under the shelfs of my desk at home. These "cabinets" are available cheaply in any hardward store or probably even some drug stores.

If you don't need a top enclosure but simply a way to organize batteries this is a pretty good way to go.

Got my 8 from 2nd order. I swear, one of the boxes was taped to the outside of the white envelope!

Strangest thing I've seen! Don't know if the envelope was torn and one fell out, and taped-up.

Couldn't tell if the envelope was torn there, as I made a mess of it trying to cut all the tape off the box/envelope.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/2-18650-4-123a-batteries-waterproof-case-holder-54458

Hey, a battery case that's "intuitive to use"!

Right up my alley!

I saw on another forum somewhere that you can use shotgun shell holders (12 gauge maybe). As I recall, they lined the top of the shot shell holder with some foam so they didn't rattle.

Also, on this forum, there is a thread about storage in general. About 3/4 of the way down the page, someone shows a shot-shell-holder: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/3949

ChicagoX:

And I saw one other person on another forum mention: "For 18650 battery storage. I like to use case logic carrier for memory chips. It will hold 12 perfectly."

I'm going to assume they meant this one and just doubled the batteries up in each slot... http://www.caselogic.com/6_capacity_usb_flash_drive_shuttle/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=66166&productid=775830

but I can't say for sure.

That is big enough for AAAs or AAs, but I think it's too small for 18650s. At least judging by the size of the USB sticks.

I’ve been looking for a 18650 battery holder for a while and since I haven’t been shooting much lately, I’d forgotten I have a dozen or so of these ammo carriers.

Thanks!

Try this link on CPF.

American Link

They have a place in Greenacre NSW as well.

Greenacre Link

Oops I don’t think they do 18650s because of the differents sizes and thicknesses of the everchanging 18650. They are good for any other cells but.

Cheers

Powerpax doesn't have anything for 18650. However a couple months ago they said they were going to make some so it shouldn't be to long until they do.

I use small metal boxes.
I use one of the many kinds of thin electrically insulating sheet to prevent shorts on the metal.
You can find that kind of thing cheap at surplus sites, like this (just an example from Google, bought mine years ago)

http://www.surplussales.com/rf/RFInsulatingSheets.html

Remember foam is very flammable/toxic when overheated.

I sent them an email about a year ago and got a similar answer, I’ll wait and see.

I have some AAAs, AAs, Ds, CR123s and they work great.

Yes it would be good if they can work out a size for the injection mold for the plastic.

Cheers

I have bought a bunch of 18650 and AA storage boxes from various ebay sellers. They work great for me. Never had a problem with protected/unprotected, although some cells were admittedly a tight fit. I put a small piece of gray foam in the box to keep the cells from rattling if the fit is loose.

However, the last time I ordered boxes, I wasn’t really paying attention and ordered a different kind. Instead of the box with one single snap clip on the front, these had TWO clips separated by a space. These look great but are el crappo. They don’t latch properly and spring open if you just look at em funny, unlike the others which latch VERY securely WITHOUT rubber bands or other help. The AA variety also won’t fit 14500s. So one center clip = good; multi clips = bad.

That shot shell box looks like a GREAT idea though. I will be making a trip to Turner’s this afternoon with a couple 18650s to check size. :wink:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180836517662?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&\_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I got 8 Ultrafire boxes a month or so ago from ebay.

They are OK, and Keeppower & Intl Outdoor cells, which are pretty long, fit OK. Less than $4 for 8 seemed OK. No problems with hinges (yet).

Hi!

I’m looking for cases that can store 4x18650s instead of only 2 pcs

Anyone knows?

Thanks

I bought the ones from dx with the waterproof seal.Last lot they sent were a little different and not quite as good. Handy size for edc-ing.