18650 ultrafire batteries

I have bought TF flames from a trusted seller before (years ago) that tested very decent. Then a few months latter bought some more from that same seller and tested about 30% less in capacity. These where from the same well known seller. So yes even the supplier to the seller may not even know what they are supplying.
Why in the world would I gamble 8 or 9 bucks in hopes of trying to receive a good pair of 2200mah TF flames. When I could have got Sanyo’s or Pana’s for a few bucks more, sure thing with much higher capacity, less voltage sag under load, a longer life span and a better rep for safety.
Not worth the high stakes loto to me.

stick with protected for the over discharge/charge protection and do lots of research.

I never charge batteries without supervision. :wink:

I’m really not sure that “Ultrafire” isnt just “LED light appliance” in Chinese. :wink:

Personally I would only by from companies like Panasonic, Samsung, Sanyo, LG, Xtar, Keeppower, etc.

I would never buy any cells with “fire” in the name.

Ok ,

I received the ones I ordered from fastech I went with panasonics 18650 with 3400 mah

It had the most power and good reviews it also said 55ohm internal resistance is this a good thing?

Thanks for all the advice!!

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001980/1345500-panasonic-ncr18650b-18650-3-7v-3400mah

Just FYI, my Trustfire 14500 “flame” cells are about 2yrs old and still working ok…

Take into consideration I have not tested them for capacity or runtime, they just work and charge.

Same here. I get a lot less self discharge with those TF flame 14500's than my Keeppower 14500's. Over the last month two of those Keeppower 14500's self discharged so much is tripped the protection circuit.

This thread is now becoming the revenge of the Trustfire.

Thanks for the input, out of 6 trust fire i bought only two sort of work.