18650s $5 a pair?

Care to share your source? They cost $15 each from 4Sevens site.

http://hkequipment.net/index.php?sp=2&p=6&cat2=163&cat1=1&cat0=2&id=1140&cat1=1&cat0=2&new=&more=&s=4987c4137764b5a7dc12d1d785eb7143&lang=en

Sure, but it was a temporary offer.

I bought a $25 coupon from google offers that entitles me to a $50 purchase from opticsplanet.4 (4sevens 26650 batteries) come to $53.80 and minus the free $25 it comes to $28.80 out of my pocket.

I was debating myself on what to buy and it comes down to either the batteries or a fenix HP11 headlamp for $45

Thanks, I was also looking at the intl-outdoor store for any batteries they might be selling and found similar prices. My question for both sites which look to ship direct from china, is how reliable are these batteries? Anyone have any good experiences with buying batteries from either site?

Sony-branded batteries are way more reliable than 4Sevens branded ones, because Sony makes 100s of millions of them and uses them in millions of laptops, while 4Sevens-branded ones are produced in what, hundreds? Or maybe thousands. But no way millions.

My question was more in regards to whether the batteries sold on either of those sites are actually made by the manufacturer listed in the wrapper and are not counterfeit batteries, which seem to be the norm with DX type sites that ship from china.

HKEquipment sells genuine cells.