19 Flashlight Aerial Beam Shot Showdown!

Excellent work! thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

I’m surprised with the throw of TN 30 in the beamshots… the official numbers declare only 35kcds ( mode 6) with these values should not be seen that way the trees naked eye at that distance, instead the LD60 in turbo, I could measure 57kcds should easily illuminate those trees at that distance …

In the photos the TN30 looks much more thrower than the LD60 why it can be happening? :~

Thanks !

hats off to you. i wonder how long it took you to finish all 19lights.

what new photography tool?

I’m also impressed with the BST JM and would like to have seen the TK75 comparison.

Very cool thread JM.

JM, you used identical image for TN32 and TK61, and it's literally the same image uploaded twice...

For easier comparison (mouse out/over):

That’s awesome, Johnny.

I’m sure everyone would like to see some more lights in the mix.

C’mon, we know you have more lights than that…. :wink:

Amazing pictures JM. This puts a real good perspective on the differences in the beam patterns. if I did not know any better i'd suggest you enjoyed this. Did the wife help out at all? I wont ask how the chopper stopped in the exact same spot and the camera had the perfect picture for each light. Thanks.

Any chance you will buy and include this monster in your beamshots in the near future? :bigsmile:

Great shots!

Holy crap! How did I miss that? I will have it corrected this morning. I knew it all went together too smoothly :smiley:

EDIT: Ok, corrected. Good catch on that one, thanks.

With the new images its easy to see the TN32 is by far the longest throwing light in this competition. Great shots Johnny!

And that K40M throws better than TN35 :smiley:

Sure does. A hell of a light!

You know what just blew my mind? I am finishing up my ThruNite Archer series review (finally!) and after testing the output of them in the old IS I decided to put a few other lights on it that impressed me in the pics above just to see what they really do.

Manker Godmes: If you look at the beam shots above you will see that the Manker Godmes has pretty good throw for a compact triple. It's actually kind of impressive IMO and in the IS it did a fair 2720 OTF ANSI lumens. pretty much what I expected and the norm for a conservatively driven triple XM-L2.

ThruNite TN4A: This little light is a beaut and I can't recommend it enough. It is truly king of the 4*AA single emitter compact lights. Nitecore EA4 and any other newer variation, SWM D40A...the two of you, take a back seat! The TN4A is the same basic design as the others, same basic dimensions (just a tad shorter), same emitter and cells driving it. How much better could it be? Try 1402.6 OTF ANSI lumens!! You read that right -ONE THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED and TWO point SIX OTF lumens at 30 seconds! At start up it is 1428.6 OTF. After 30 seconds at that fantastic output it only drops 26 lumens Holy crap, what a light!!

ThruNite Mini TN30: Another FANTASTIC light from ThruNite!! I thought the old TN30 was a real kick ass triple XM-L2 light with 3200 OTF lumens. The new Mini TN30 has replaced the old TN30 which is now discontinued. So long old friend, you served us well and will be remembered. Now this new Mini TN30...great little size, in fact it shares the same body as the TN36 (I'll get to that light shortly), but what about output? Well, about that...how does 4206OTF ANSI lumens sound?? You read that right, too - FOUR THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED and SIX OTF ANSI LUMENS!!! HOOO-WHEEE!

ThruNite TN36: Good God! I love this light!! Super compact with triple MK-R emitters in NW tint. Mind you, this is NW tint, not CW which should be even brighter. How does 7374 OTF ANSI lumens grab you?? You read that right too - SEVEN THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED SEVENTY FOUR OTF ANSI LUMENS!! Suck on that, Niwalker MM15!

God love you, ThruNite, I know I sure do! Keep doing what you are doing with these new lights and everyone else will finally see what I've been saying all along. YOU ROCK!!

That TN36 in NW is brighter than the MM15vn which only gets like 2 minutes on turbo…amazing, I love my one.

very impressive.

a picture is worth a thousand words? and since i got into the “visible” flashlight hobby VIA having to fiddle making IR zoomies? I’m a dyed in the wool “zoomie guy”…

yet, some of those pictures make me curious about a reflector light in the future when i have a few bux to play with… having all those pictures like that makes me want some of them…

withOUT this thread? i really “him and haw” and have to depend on the occasional beamshots in the occasional review… and hearing crosstalk where people describe “throwy but floody” or “floody with some throw” to lights, which isnt all that helpful to a guy like me.

the beamshots and reviews are GREAT, its just awesome to see ALL of them here at ONCE side by side, identical conditions and photo conditions, to make a much more informed decision.

GREAT work… any epic thread like this that can make me want to try a reflector light again? has to be a good one, lol…