1x18650 you would hand to an idjit...

Biscotti has a mode group with the maximum output limited to 50%, so you could get an 8 chip model for maximum output when you’re using it, but limit it to the equivalent of a 4 chip model when you lend it to someone.

If you order directly from Simon on AliExpress you can get Biscotti on any S2+, just make a note when you place the order.

Incoming cheap joke:

Oooh! Sorry if this is no O:) 18650 flashlight. But… it's perfect for an idjit. :-D

Cheers ^:)

Now I’m hungry…

Barbecue! :-D

Cheers ^:)

Mk. 1 phaser or light saber, depending on your preference. :smiley:

KuoH

Well, with that, you can get some nice char-marks / grill-marks on a steak…

I still wanna make a PSP (point-singularity projector). Shoot little black holes at things…

Just like a supervillain from an alternate universe, wanting to create a weapon capable of tearing holes in spacetime and destroying our universe! :smiling_imp:

KuoH

Hey, everybody needs a hobby…

Ok, but how about one that doesn’t require a near infinite amount of money and power? You still get to use some sharp stabby things for those occasions when the urge arises. :wink:

KuoH

Nah. Only if I can make an EM-lash…

Nitecore HC30
Much smaller and lighter than most other options mentioned (particularly the A6,S1,S2+)
5 well spaced modes, starting at 1 lumen.
Great throw/flood combo.
1000 lumens max, well sustained, never gets too hot.
NW option.
Great headband - can be used as headlamp or not.
Mine have been used extensively without a problem.
$35 with coupon

Thanks for the suggestion. I did end up ordering a headlamp, but went with the Skilhunt H03 on impulse without doing much research. Hopefully it does what I want, but if not I’ll be looking at the HC30.

I got the desert tan S2+ with biscotti and the 4c tint. Like it a lot. The firmware seems easy enough to figure out. All I really wanted to do was turn off mode memory and I got it on the first try. I don’t need the blinky/strobe modes and may still switch to another group, but since it starts on the lowest mode and resets with a long click they’re pretty easy to avoid.

Already thinking about another S2+ in another color with some different options. Good to know that Simon is willing to help with special orders. :+1:

I have to say though, as far as the original purpose of this thread I was able to also grab the Sofirn SP31 package on sale and it seems like a really solid option to hand to an idjit. :smiley:

By the way, my earnest recommendation goes for this torch (literally):

With a 100CRI score or thereabouts no complaints about washed out colors are possible with this one. It doesn't needs a 18650 cell to work, it's disposable and inexpensive. Throw may suck a bit without a reflector mod, just be warned. :-D

Cheers

I dunno mate, that Torch deftly avoids the li-Ion safety concerns, but imo, handing an open flame to an idjit opens up a new can of worms. Plus, everyone knows if you play with fire you’ll wet the bed… :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol! I guess most of yesterday’s lighting apparatus would be deemed unsafe today. I’d rather hand out a bag full of Li-Ion cells then a flaming torch. :wink:

PS: now if you put a full bag of high drain cells in a BLF special project torch, you could certainly set “the trees on fire” ™.

Sounds like you got a few nice lights . My guess is you’ll love the H03 like so many others here have . the NW is not bad and I’d agree the 4c tint on simons lights is probably his best tint . i think the Sofirn Sp31 is a steal i have a pair and really like the light / like the tint too.
OTOH the zanflare NW is disgusting(green) and as much as people praise it I really have not much fondness for the F1 it’s big /clunky . the knurling is odd , slippery .Tail Switch is stiff,usb cover acts like it’s welded on at times …did I say foul tint and BIG ? It’s single best attribute is it has a very nice clip .A halfway decent light if you stole one for 10$…at $20+ you realise you’ve made a mistake .

You know, there's nothing unsafe. No offence against anyone here, but the world seems more full of crybabies than ever. I do not condone living out of dependences or limitations, but to heal and/or grow on them (everything's possible). Yes, I know that me and pretty much all beings in this reality are still very dependent and limited so… lot's of fun and fireworks ahead fellows. ;-)

Back on topic, maybe a Zanflare F1 (review by old4570) is a nice choice: neutral white emitter, spot on budget and USB rechargeable.

Cheers

By the way, found a coupon for the Zanflare F1 here in this thread of Fin17. If interested in the light preferably use the link posted in there for Fin17 to be given credit for his service.

Cheers