2-mode U2 drop-in from E1320: the Egrenade 3.7

Happy to help. :D

Nice work guys, looks awesome. 8)

Good Gawd! That is the drop-in I've been dreaming about. It's even got a floody TIR! What is that?

You have it correct in the photo. The white device is designed to lie flat against the PCB. You don't need to cover the leads. There's enough clearance to avoid contact with the reflector.

Good to know, still learning.

BTW that Egrenade 3.7 is awesome.

Its a Vinz dropin. A guy from Germany doing amazing mods.

http://budgetlightforum.com/user/1538

Oh, and can anyone tell/show me the difference of the two smooth reflectors Foy has?

Of course when you’re making your own drop-ins, you have to be careful that your wiring/soldering job ensures that the required clearance is indeed there, because it’s not automatically the case. I don’t have any such issues myself, but I aways put some additional thin insulating material in place anyway, for maximum peace of mind.

Also of note is the fact that if you position the white insulator so it sits over the wires, it can create a situation where you need to screw the reflector down ridiculously tight to get rid of a resulting ring in the beam (this probably doesn’t happen with all drop-ins, but it does with mine).

I use the white insulation over the leads to prevent a short, on those particular drop ins they do not effect the beam. On drop ins that the white isolation discs do effect the beam I use a thinner paper isolation disc instead.

Man I want one or three!!!

Any new pics?

Thank you for posting all your research and information.
I am ready to go a step further than the Manafont XML, now eyeing on Erik’s E1320 Egrande XLM U2.

Between the 2 mode and 5 mode models, seems like they are the same emitter from the same bin, the difference is only on the KD driver?