2016 NBA Finals

That sounds about right.

I am not unsympathetic.

I would point out, however, that time outs in the NFL are used for exactly that purpose. When a team screws up, and is on the verge of being called for delay of game, or 12 men on the field, or who knows what, calling a time out is a perfectly acceptable way to get out of trouble.

The NBA and the NFL, of course, are two different leagues. In both, however, the time out you use now will not be available later. That can matter in a close game.

Two completely different games too. I think a better analogy would be, the quarterback can’t call timeout when he is about to be sacked, but an NBA player can, and that’s the rule that needs to be changed.

what about ‘resting’ players before the playoffs? Stupid. What does that teach our youth?

The league should have a system where the teams with the most total points get into the playoffs - then u would never stop trying.

Thats how it works now. The team with the most points wins the game. The team(s) who has won the most games get in the playoffs… lol

Time outs are limited in quantity so the use of one to keep possession carries its own penalty. That should be enough of a deterrent for something that isn’t a foul. There are too many rules for the refs to keep track of as it is so they only call what’s they’re looking for. Like traffic tickets, if it’s not a quota day then it’s do as you please.

Where is Channing Frye? He was supposed to be an equalizing factor. Too bad about KL, I hope he can suit up soon enough even though he hadn’t been very effective. Cavs need to win game 3 to give him the time he needs. Let’s hope the rest of the team brings their A-game. It’s not much of a series if the dubs bench can win this easily.

Will there be no close games in this year's Finals?

Games 1 & 2:

Game 3: Beautiful!

:confounded: no, just ugly the other way and still not close. I think it’s a product of the style of play, if one team plays a bit better on defense they get more possessions in transition which gives them better looks at the basket on the other end. If they shoot well on top of that then they deny that advantage to the other team and it snowballs. Most of the Warriors losses have been ugly this way whether losing to good teams or lesser ones, if they get sloppy on defense and the other team shots well they lose big. That it’s happening more I think is a product of a long season, better opponents, and teams realizing the level of effort it takes to beat them and rising to the occasion. Sustaining that effort will determine who gets the trophy. Sir Charles was right in that a jump shooting team can look mighty vulnerable when the ball won’t go but the Warriors have been much more than that which is why they are here, why both teams are here really. I still hope to see a game where both teams light it up but it’s just as likely that there’s a game where neither team shoots well. In any case it must be pretty obvious by now how important home court advantage is.

and you have an explanation for why steph had a total of 1 rebound in game 3? Oh and don’t forget his buddy Klay had 2.

The Cavs must have watched the OKC v Warriors tape. They certainly defended much better than the first two games. I think the key is to not give Curry and Thompson the space. (easier said than done) With JR Smith finally showing up as a 3 pt threat, forces GS to defend out on the perimeter further than they would like, thus leaving open lanes in the paint. Then when GS defends the paint, that leaves Irving and Smith good looks on the perimeter, and with both those guys hitting the shots…James didn’t have to bull-doze his way into the paint like he had to the first two games, because of the outside threat.

Now tonight, if Smith and Irving don’t shoot well from outside, GS is going to be camping in the paint, forcing turnovers, fast breaks, and probably win this game.
Tonight’s game is going to tell us a lot. Should be fun!!

Poor perimeter defense meant Bogut or whoever else was at the 5 had to come out to help leaving their bigs to clean up the boards. Kerr has been preaching this for two years, everything feeds off defense. It was a great game for the Cavs and a poor one of the dubs in skill, intensity, and effort, no question, just as games one and two were good for the Dubs and poor for the cavs. Can the Caviliers maintain this level and can the Warriors turn it back up. Still 2-1 and Steph and Klay have yet to go off. Anything can happen, that’s why they play. The Warriors have been the best in the league at producing at this level both at home and on the road but they need at least two more such efforts to win the title and the Cavs are fully capable of getting 3 more.

I still don’t think the Cavs have much of a chance to win the series, but I’m often wrong about such things.

The Warriors are going to embarrass the Cavs tonight. That is my prediction. Then, they’re going to bring it home and reward us on Monday.

I think we have the best chance at a close game tonight. GS hates to lose 2 in a row, again. Cavs need to win at home, again.

If the Cavs can maintain their focus tonight, they have a better chance at winning this game than GS does. There was a reason Curry & Thompson had a bad game. They got defended well and roughed up. Curry had 1 rebound and 3 assists, and 6 turnovers. Thompson had 2 rebounds and 1 assist, and Bogut had only 1 blocked shot.

Woot, one more to go.

It's looking pretty bleak for the Cavs.

All over but the cryin

All I need is GS to win and James to score 14 more than Curry in the next game to bring home the bacon. I shouldn’t have raised my initial PPG spread guess, maybe.

Not long ago it looked pretty bleak for Oakland. The Cavs need to win on the road to be champions, they don’t deserve it if they can’t. Some might say that OKC choked being up 3-1 but down 3-1 the Warriors didn’t. What will Cleveland do? I expect another hard fought game but this time I’d like to see Lebron & Company try to win if they’re down rather than pad the stat sheet with lay ups that can’t close the gap. Not one attempt at a 3 with a possible 4-point payoff down the stretch, no risk, no reward.