21700 battery advice needed

One correction I just noticed it’s written on the flashlight they are using 35A batteries , so 20A probably wouldn’t work anyway

35A CDR is the upper limit for 40T and P42a (none of them get 35A CDR rating from Mooch) and I think only 30T can safely deliver 35A CDR (not too hot). You mentioned that the original batteries are protected button tops? To me $20-25 price tag is very reasonable if they can safely deliver 35A CDR. I guess they used technology from the future.

I couldn’t find the discharge rate specs for the actual battery they use, they just don’t disclose it I guess. But the light itself says it uses 35A batteries. Whether that’s peak or continuous, or a recommendation what to use or a lie, I don’t know. I think I will take my chances with the molicel. Since they are connected in parallel, I don’t imagine the light requires 105A discharge rate to produce 18000 lumens, I hope not….for comparison I use 3- 20A discharge 18650 batteries in my M18 Emisar and get the 14,000 lumens OTF with no apparent issues so far.

You may get a YR1030/1035 to measure the internal resistance of these batteries at AC 1kHz. The impedance of 30T should be between 6 and 7mOhm while 40T and P42A should be between 9 and 10mOhm. The impedance at AC 1kHz will definitely reveal the truth of the battery.

I be been wanting to invest in a decent tester as mine is falling apart . Will this YR1030 have pretty much all the functions that a regular tester does? I just looked at the picture of it, it doesn’t seem to have too many buttons/ knobs etc. lol. Thanks )

I would suggest the latest version YR1035. It uses a 18650 inside while YR1030 uses a lii-polymer battery. The battery in YR1035 is a crap but you can easily change it.

I don’t think it is a comprehensive battery tester but it can measure impedance at AC 1kHz with decent accuracy. You may also check HKJ’s testing on YR1030 and YR1035.