Emisar D3AA is available now

TK WROTE
QUOTE. The only code I’ve ported to this driver is Anduril, so I doubt it will have any other stock firmware options.

However, even though you hate Anduril, you are in luck. It is open-source and uses the FSM UI toolkit, so you can make whatever interface you want. There are a few example UIs to start from, too… ZebraLight, Olight, Werner’s UI, and two simplified versions of Anduril, plus compile-time options to enable/disable many of the features… and sort of a guide for how to make your own.

If you can represent the UI you want in the form of a flowchart, or as a list of states and the button events which move between states, it should be pretty straightforward to create. Just make sure to get a flashing kit with it, and then it can have any interface QUOTE.

That would be a NO then ,
Ok that’s not a flashlight for me ,I think I’ll leave it .
Thank you.

I love Anduril and Noctigon/Emisar, perfect combination!

Thx TK for clarification. Was about to pull the trigger but the more i look at that clip the more seems to me someone took it from no name Aliexpress light and put it on Noctigon...

I’ll wait for E21 or maybe TiCu (if any at all), not to think about that clip.

True, it makes things look yellow/green. But so does high-CRI SST-20. However, I tried some other color tests… Mystery SST-20 vs FA3 SST-20 (4000K, 95 CRI).

On a white wall, both look very similar. Both are yellow-green, but the mystery SST-20 looks slightly more yellow-green.

Shining at a bright red object, both look good but the FA3 looks more vibrant.

Shining at a pink/magenta object, the mystery SST shows pretty accurate color while the FA3 sucks the blue out and makes it look like a salmon color.

Shining at blue objects, the mystery SST looks blue but the FA3 looks sort of sea-green.

So they’re definitely different. The mystery SST has weaker red and stronger blue rendering, which suggests lower CRI and/or higher CCT… but aside from the white wall comparison (where the mystery light looks warmer), it looks like it produces more accurate colors than the high-CRI FA3.

Once I’m done testing everything, I may just add a minus-green filter to it and run a no-FET version of the firmware. It looks pretty decent after adding that, and doesn’t suck the blue out of things like my FA3 does.

Or I could order a XP-L HI 5000K version. Those always look good.

Wow, that’s heavy. 25 g more than already heavy D4 (gen 1)? It is about as large as FW21 and actually weighs more, even with cell inside. I appreciate innovation and I’m very curious about the efficiency but it’s not as space-efficient as I would hope for.

I don’t know if this is news or not, but Hank now has J5 output bin SST20s in HB4 FB4 tint. I’d assume that’s what is in the KR4

As for the E21A version, I’d hold off until there is a buck or boost driver available. Maybe loneoceans could work with Hank and adapt his new lume1 driver for this?

Very interested and excited for the E21A MCPCBs though. Will you offer these as components?

A series quad E21A would be a perfect application for a 12v boost driver.

A mule allows for a shorter flashlight (no optic), will the mule version be shorter?

No, the host is the same length, because we are improving thermal mass that way.

wanting to get one but Australian borders are all closed. It will be a long wait until this corona virus is over :weary:

Im sure most other countries are in same situation.

As far as I know, the cargo will enter into Austranlian board without problems?

When contacted via email we sometimes may be able to sell various parts separately.

I expect it’ll take longer but still get here. As Hank pointed out it’s not complete isolation. The planes are reduced by … :?: …90% … :?: No people moving but cargo is still on.

I just ordered so I’ll let you know how long it takes.

@Hank

when will the E21A version be available?

I’m interested too. And also: does Henk plan to use E21A in other flashlights… D4V2 for example. Or in his follow-up on 21700, which the forum participants have long been asking for …
KR4 is not very interesting to me personally, we have already seen all this with FW3A / FW4A. The rear switch is not mine either …

E21A in D4v2 makes no sense because of the limited amount of regulated current.

Ha! Thus, we are gradually approaching the improvement of the original D4 (including replacing the driver), and not copying the rabbits …

In the German Forum (Taschenlampenforum) there was the question with which carclo optic the KR4 with SST20, XP-H HI an Nichia 219CT will be delivered?
There seems no information on the Homepage

I like the look of the KR4.

A lot like the FW3A, but slightly beefier with quad LED, heat sink fins, rainbow aux bezel board, and much more regulated output.

It lacks knurling and the little ridge at the back for cigar grip, so hard to tell if it will be as convenient to use, but still definitely worth adding to the collection.

Rabbits are already doing FW4A… Does not leave a déjà vu sensation, or an incomprehensible desire to compete in the design of the case.If there is a concept of proven case design D4V2 . However; in search of and is the truth …
I do not predict big sales of this. fans already have FW3A. V raznykh metallakh i tsvetakh…