2250 Lumens of Nichia 90CRI Light - Convoy S2+ Shorty Build with GXB172 Boost Driver

I had been thinking of using 2 chips, but was unsure if it was a feasible idea or not. Im not sure that an optic in the S2+, which is what I’d like to aim for using, would accomodate this kind of set up though, plus there would have to be specific MCPCB? Or does something like this already exist? Do you have any beam shots of the combination youve mentioned Texas?

Building a triple in an S2+ is a trivial task now days, all the parts are available to build it. There are even off the shelf triples that can be used with an LED swap, eagle eye makes one I think. I seem to remember convoy releasing a triple, or maybe that was just in the works.

I don’t have any beam shots but basically it is a ~4500-5000k sst-20 with less green, at higher output levels it is rosy. My preferred optic for my custom EDC S2 style light is the 10511 frosted optic, gives a really good beam for most things you use an EDC for IMHO.

OMG. Now I want one.
Nice.

@ Texas_Ace, I have a few triples about to be in progress, I’m just waiting for parts to arrive! I would like to try and achieve a similar result to Loneoceans example with a single emitter. Has anyone had any exprience with the Lumileds Luxeon M? It comes in a variety of colour temps and CRI. Digikey and Mouser have a few variations in stock. Including the LXR9-RW57, 5700k 90CRI.
Has anyone done any testing on these emitters?