$24 6x SRK on Ebay [**WARNING: Probably a scam**]

First post edited and Link removed. Sorry for posting a link to the dodgy item, but on the other hand I’m glad I did as I probably would of bought one… Thanks for the input.

how about 49.99 for a Trustfire Tr-j12 ?

that’s about the going rate these days for TR-J12… sometimes you could even get it for less… but for $5 more you can have TR-J18 which is much brighter for the same size :slight_smile: ( I have 2 of them )

yeah, TR-18 is brighter, but usually it goes to $60 or more. :party:

The seller updated the flashlight this morning to “shipped” however no tracking information was provided. As a note the shipping method when purchased was “FREE Express International Flat Rate Postage” and I don’t know if that service provides a tracking number or not. My guess is not.

Doesn’t really matter cuz item was never shipped…you’ll see.

I don’t have a fortune teller’s ball but yup it is very possible.

test

If there was tracking, they'd probably ship something.

No tracking and it’s an almost instant paypal win. However someone mentioned that the light was in a catagory that doesnt qualify for refunds. I have never heard of that and until I see it in writing i’m not sure it’s credible.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/buyer-protection.html

The following isn't covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee:

• Buyer's remorse or any reason other than not receiving an item or receiving an item that isn't as described in the listing. (See the seller's return policy for return options.)

• Duplicate claims through other resolution methods

• Items shipped to another address after original delivery

• Vehicles (see the eBay Vehicle Protection Program), Real Estate, Business & Websites for Sale, Classified Ads, services, and some Business Equipment categories (see theeBay Business Equipment Purchase Protection).

Granted that's the particular buyer protection policy, I'm sure Paypal will refund you as others have noted in the thread, it will just be a longer process.

Thank you CalvinIS

The way ebay/paypal words it, is that items “listed in this category” aren’t covered, it doesn’t really matter WHAT the item is, only where it’s listed.

My pocket bike:

-Jamie M.

That looks like far too much fun Jamie. :slight_smile:

I lose. lol
“This listing was removed by eBay. If you already paid for the item, we recommend that you wait 10 days from the expected delivery date to see if the item arrives. If you did not pay,you are no longer obligated to pay for this item. If you have a problem with the purchase, you can resolve the problem by filing a claim through our resolution center.”

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=wanlichangcheng6688&&\_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=181264027366&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

And the negative feedback begins… This was the guy with the $80 85W HID. Glad I didn’t buy it after all.

Definitely check the Seller’s feedback if you’re looking to find a great deal on Ebay. If he/she has sold mostly all <$1-2 items to get the high feedback score, and all of the sudden is selling $150 flashlights for 60% the going rate… Step away and save yourself some annoyance.

Well, that didn’t take long to play out. I certainly learnt a few things about eBay. Sorry to hear though, I hope Olympus gets his claim sorted.

I’ll get the refund I just feel bad for those who may not. He sold 9 before Ebay shut him down and the refund isn’t automatic, I have to wait until 10 days after the expected delivery date to file a claim. I am only guessing I cannot file sooner!

Wasn't the expected delivery date nearly 45 days after the order date? I figured that was intentional to make it harder for victims to file a claim. File before the 45 day deadline for sure.

“Estimated Delivery: between Fri. Dec. 13 and Tue. Dec. 24”
I think the estimated delivery date is an estimate made by EBay based on the shipping method and other factors. Sellers cannot directly change the dates. I have sent EBay support a message asking if there is a way to file sooner.