[25-JUN-2015] Any volunteers to help take a few flashlight pics for the frontpage?

Need to put the Gearbest version of the SK68s (hiding the logo of course) I’m not saying free advertising. Their versions is so nice!

Inspired by ToyKeeper and the old BLF logo...

Here's my attempt at greatness. :)

140 pixels wide and high:

EDIT: Now the images look great!

I’d really like to help out, but coincidentally I don’t own any of those 3 lights.
(Yeah I know, it’s a travesty :bigsmile: )
But how about a good ’ol C8 instead?

Very nice raccoon city and ToyKeeper! I went with the drop-shadowed version for now. Looks pretty spiffy!

Since what I posted earlier was really small and a little awkward, I put one together at full size in case you’d like to do any more edits or scale to different sizes… It’s a 3570x1190 image with shadows, and transparency instead of a background color:

Here’s how it looks when scaled down to 420x160: (and woot, even as .png it’s still under 50K)

Oh, er, the BLF X6 is also lightened to show more of its texture.

In case it helps, the highest-quality resize I know how to do uses ImageMagick. It ends up looking a lot better than any of GIMP’s resize options (in particular, it gets rid of the Moire patterns on the SRK heat fins) :

convert blf-logo.2.full.png -filter Lanczos -distort Resize 480x160 blf-logo.2.png

(however, this seems to remove the shadows for some reason so those were re-added after scaling)

Wow. Looks great!

Would you please alter the white balance and color temperature as well? Now the BLF X6 is way warmer than others. (OTOH, it looks like light would be reflecting to it from SRK.. :))

vs.

(lost the transparent bg in quick edit, sorry!)

Just to show another side of BLF maybe include a pic of one of the excellent mods done to lights. I hope this doesn’t break some copyright rule but if it does then pick one of the DIY contest lights. First to mind was EDC’s Micromag but many others fit the bill of non-stock.