[25-MAY-2012] re: The concerns of quite a few users

Just want to add that I don't think I have any (lewd) posts to delete...but...I do have to make an effort to not be lewd so maybe I don't recall. Feel free to point any out to me (or delete them) with complete impunity :)

We've had some short visits by a few females, but they didn't stick around for long.

+1 about the locker room.

+1 about the lovely design!

Viktor

Maybe you should join the nail polish forum.... I bet the quota there is the other way around. :bigsmile:

Focus on the reason for the topic, boys.

Wonder why women don't identify as such in the forums you contribute to?

There are hints to be found about why.

Not many women I know care about flashlights.

How about Tapatalk support? That would be great since i use my iphone most of the time to read this forum (and i'm quite sure many others do).

Welcome to the monkey house, buzz!

Tnx raccoon city

Actually been hangin' around this forum for the last 2 years or so, just undercover

Glad you made it official, Buzz!

[quote=hank]

Focus on the reason for the topic, boys.

Wonder why women don't identify as such in the forums you contribute to?

There are hints to be found about why.

[/quote

Women can (are?) be more vulgar then men. That thars highly probable.

Keith (who has seen it in action *fly on the wall* HeHe

What dthrckt said. Welcome Buzz!.

Keith

One of the other hobby forums I visit has a 'locker room' for adult jokes, etc, it seems to work well (I won't say where, cos I steal my jokes from there...)

BUT

The moderator has too keep an eye on it, to make sure it doesn't get out of control. I'm sure the BLF moderator has better things to do than police a newly-formed section of the forum.

I for one vote for a keep-BLF-clean family-friendly policy.

The whole rest of the internet is full of all sorts of filth (PM me if you want links! )

I don't see any reason why we can't keep BLF being the nicest little corner of the interwebs.

Pete

FWIW, CPF has the Underground for more adult type discussions much like what has been suggested here with The Locker Room. It doesn't seem to see a lot of traffic but that might be an indicator of how little most members desire that kind of interaction.

Regarding the use of iPads on this site, I am not real sure what the issue is. I am using my iPad for this post and not having a problem. Remembering that an iPad is nothing more than a larger mobile device, what does one expect?

Sure why not... are you going to code the Tapatalk support plugin for Drupal? :bigsmile:

If yes ... let those guys know that they have found their master. :D

I agree - right tool for the right job and all that. I post on BLF with iPhone, iPad, iMac and PC. For simple posts, I can use any of them. If I'm doing complicated posts with lots of formatting, picture inserts, etc. iPad and iPhone would be way too cumbersome.

I'm on a fishng forum that has an AWESOME "locker room" style forum. You have to pay $25/year to support the forum to have access to that place, but it is well worth it! Lots of gratuitous nudity and wild stories. Probably nothing we would ever do here...

Thanks for this topic. -
I was letting my sons read some of the posts on here at first (like lanyard/paracord, and some of the flashlight reviews) but had to stop because of arguements and the randon picures of things they should not be viewing.
Hope this tones down again. I am still addicted to this forum. I fill like there are alot of people who want information and alot who are willing to give it
Thanks
-posted on iphone

Is that module you refer to not compatible with this forum? I mean, it says that it's meant for forums built with Drupal and that it's already running on 4 sites. Does it require a lot of work/programming to implement that module on this forum? Sorry but i'm totally Noob when it comes to programming...

Welcome to BLF, Buzz.

As far as I understand it that module is under active development so the 4 installs are probably test installs from the developers... so there is hope that we get tapatalk support eventually... the question is when. The topic of an interface app was discussed here, here and here. Our Drupal system isn't getting much love from the developers.