25yrs with AAA auto club (free flashlight)

Received a letter from AAA auto, thanking me for my 25yr membership. The letter said I could drop by their office and get an atlas or flashlight.

Wasn't expecting much, but could have been worse.

It's a nice shiny blue light that takes three AAA batteries. Nine LEDs up front. Puts out a relatively cold tint. Based on reflected light-meter readings, comparing to a Zebralight, I would say its about 40 lumens (single mode only). Tailcap says "made in China". No manual, but doesn't need one. A similar light might cost $5.

But it was free. Some people would like it for its single-mode simplicity. Put some Energizer lithiums in it, and you have a decent backup light for home or car.

yee doggies!

Wow, and it only took 25 years!

Nope, no good for a backup light, the switch of these fail (had it happen to two of these) and it can not be serviced.

A 1 dollar flashlight for 25 years membership :frowning:

You can always have fun modding it :smiley:

:beer:

I’ve had a few of these, and the switches are always the first thing to go. It might be okay as a backup light, as long as you seldom use it. IMO, they’re better to just give to kids to play with. They’ll last a few weeks, so consider them disposable.

It looks like a HF coupon-giveaway "with ANY purchase" that has a swelled head.