26650 batteries?

Before they were “King Kong”, all the early reviews done on the KK 26650 showed that they had Chinese writing on them. Then the likes of Int’l Outdoor decided to start selling them with the translated writing into English. That’s how they became King Kong. That was why I specifically chose to buy from that seller. His pics showed what KK’s were like when they first came into the scene.

Unfortunately, there is no way for me to test their capacity or their discharge capabilities. The only thing I can think of is to test them against my Panasonic NCR18650PF and see if they can keep the light I am planning to build (Convoy L2 host, with an XM-L2 driven at 5A), as bright and run for longer periods (assuming the 4000mAh is true).

Nice to see that you got them Rod911.
Can you test and see if it’s possible to get 5A out of one cell?
Keep us updated with how they perform.

My KK’s have Chinese writing on them. That aside Im very happy with them

I ordered a king kong from wallbuys and got one with soshine written on it

-Garry

^

LOL

Before two of my drivers that is supposed to be doing >5A died, the (now I can call them this…) King Kongs were providing a higher tailcap reading than the NCR18650PF. This would lead me to believe that, at least the ones that I got, are genuine KK considering they can compete with the likes of an NCR18650PF.

put about 25 cycles on them and post the results.look too much like the generic cells from knockoff laptop packs.

I ordered 2 of these and got them a couple of days ago.
I’m getting 5.7A in my DQG 26650 but I have no way to check the 4000mAh.