26650 Batteries

From what I’ve seen the xxxxFires are often 20-60% less than their manufacturer rated capacity.

I guess I’ll find out then, I just noticed that Dx wrote : “Mark Capacity 5000mAh Actual Capacity 5000mAh”

On all the other 26650 batteries they write the “Actual” capacity, as you mention 20-60% less than factory rated.
So I got my hopes up.

Lustefire’s flashlights are much better quality than “Other”fires (I’m almost sure Lustefires and convoys are made by the same manufacturer),so I bet this is real.

I ordered these LustFire’s batteries from dx and was disappointed. When discharging to 3V they gave only about 3,6 mAh. For this price it is unprofitable, in my view.

does anyone know what the max amp draw is for the king kong icr 4000’s. i just ordered one and i also vape and when vaping the amps drawn can be up to 20. can this battery handle that. thnx

Here is HJKs test on the ICR King kong.

Looks like 20A is probably too much for these.

I know people have been liking the Sony VT for high drain applications.

Just check out the reviews before you buy, and see what they say.

I ordered the sony just havnt got here yet.
My king kong sais icr26650 it doesnt say icr26650e like the others does that mean its fake.

and does anyone know the manufactures max amp rating

those link dont say the max amps tho i cant seem to find it

It doesn’t say max amps for that particular test, you kind of have to infer from the graphs. In his testing at 10A, the cell is quickly discharged and wont have the power required or what you will want to expect from the cell.

20A is a lot of discharge for a standard battery. You will definitely want something that is rated for that, and any cell that can do that will for sure advertise it.

In regards to the cell being fake, i just checked my king kongs and they do not have the “E” either. They look exactly like yours. Mine have tested to be great.

Where did you get them?

I got them from ebay. I meant to order the INR as they would probly have more of what im looking for.

They have been tough to find as of late.

The sony’s will be perfect for that application, if a little low on the capacity side.

going to see if i can exchange for the others as i ahvnt even charged or put these in anything yet

i actually just ordered the sonys they dont have much copacity tho, maybe ill return this and get the mnke

does anyone want a king kong icr 26650 new for 14 bucks shipping included. or make a trade for a mnke

I made the mistake of buying Ultrafires off eBay.
So where are some decently priced quality 26550 batteries?

Options for a charger that can also rate the capacity of the battery?

Try Mountain Electronics. http://www.mtnelectronics.com/ All you need and fast US shipping.

-Garry

jw. why u want mnke over king kong? aren’t KK better?

So my 8 Ultrafire 7800mAh batteries (deep purple) arrived last Monday (Dec. 15th), price comes out to $4.35 each
Did a charge/discharge (at 500mA) on 2 of them so far, using my BT-C3400.
One now has a capacity of 2677mAh and the other 2534mAh.
Guess that is a decent amount of capacity for the price.

Except, they probably will degrade quickly and not last, track how many recharges you get out of them :stuck_out_tongue: Plus for that capacity, you may as well have gotten a new laptop battery pack for $9.99 and pulled the 6- 18650s and gotten some quality Samsungs or Panasonics of 2800-3000mAh range, that are safe and stable. Ultrafires are never decent if you calculate the cost through time…

I ordered some Trustfire 26650 5000mAh (flame) and the should arrive any day now.
(I had already ordered the Ultrafires, before discovering BLF)