26650 Batteries

2nd that! kickum all too the curb! As "Chris Rock" would say "I"m tarred of it!"

Keith (Who is tarred of it as well)

Hahaha read even further!!

Contains:

Luminous Balaclava Mask x1

HAHAHA

Welcome to the club, Sparky.

Got my ebay moli cells.

all read ~3V

I've cycled the first cell 3 1/2 times, once at 1A charge/discharge for ~860mah. I switched to 0.5A charge/discharge for 2nd and 3rd cycles. 4th charge I got ~1350mah in. Running discharge now.

Going to try the other two cells tomorrow and if they're all like that I might have to talk to the seller...

There has only been a little bit of intrest sofar.

Thanks for the welcome.

I have been bitten by the flashlight bug......hope to fill my need for bright lights.

Thank you BetweenRides for starting this great thread. It's coming in very handy for me since I just started purchasing single 26650 lights.

I'm sure we all agree with you and suffer from the same frustration trying to find an honest 26650 battery, but I think it would be easier to put them out of business simply by listing the known good sellers that offer the best and safest 26650's on this thread. Bascially only the batteries WE as a club should purchase and not bother with the dangerous crap.

If it isn't on our list, don't buy them. Thanks again for organizing the OP, I know it's a lot of work.

3V seems very low for new/fresh cells. Hopefully they will be able to rebound. 1350mah is very low capacity for a cell thats 100% discharged. Hopefully (again) they will rebound for you. The 1350mah is more concerning between the two. I have never been able to resurrect used-tired-old cells that measure an unusually low capacity.

Thanks for testing the ebay moli cells!!

Thanks for the kind words, Richie. I've always been a better editor than an author - this is just collecting bits of info from a lot of contributors, especially HKJ and benckie. I agree with your sentiments on letting the market speak. I'm just really uncomfortable adding every ebay 'Fake'Fire battery out there. I have contacted a couple of ebay sellers to seek more information; Based on their clueless response, I'm not going to list them. For some of the others on the list, the ;) will have to serve in place of caveat emptor...

Guys, read the fine print. I'm not sure which cells that you are testing are, but some of the Moli cells on ebay are rated 3V with low capacity, that looked to me like a really old batch of cells that were never used (and can be sold as new). I think I've also read that somewhere.

Viktor

Also, DON'T charge the 3V cells on a 3.6-3.7V charger!

I agree with you 100%, don't even waste your time listing those that clearly are lying about their cells.

We've all read the horror stories about these cheap cells exploding and the serious damage and injury they can cause. If the unscrupulous retailers don't care about burning our homes down or causing the consumer life-changing injury, lets not even list them here as a cheap alternative.

Once I feel confident on a good 26650, I want to move up from the 1 cell to a 2 or 3 cell light like a Trustfire TR-J12 or something similar.

Right... good point, I was assuming his 3V cells were old + tired 3.6V cells that were coming in at 3V and measured low capacity. You should never attempt to charge 3V cells on a 3.6V charger.

incorrect, (not 3V cells)

I bought the same ones that techjunkie had much better luck with

i've only tested one cell, charged to 4.1V, discharged to 2.8V

Just thought I'd respond. Got my King Kongs in today after the normal wait. They are indeed INR, so that is good news.

Good! I specifically chose the INR's for my order last week so hopefully that's what I'll actually receive!

-Garry

dthrckt, the cells brted linked to ARE 3V cells.

these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOLI-IMR-26650A-26650-3V-Li-ion-Lithium-Rechargeable-Battery-70035-141003-1pc?item=120831809394

Check again, or give us a link to what you bought. Something's off here. Careful, man.

Viktor

P.S.

Again me playing the safety police. I mean no harm nor offense, just a fair warning for anyone not reading too carefully. I'm not saying that's you, either.

you need to read the post i linked, not just click on the first thing you see

I didn't buy the ones he linked.

I bought the ones techjunkie bought. he didn't provide a link. I used the ebay seller name.

here's the link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-3pcs-MOLI-IMR-26650C-26650-3-7V-original-Li-ion-Lithium-Rechargeable-Battery-/220921597021?pt=US_Batteries&hash=item336ff40c5d#ht_1925wt_1396

2nd cell tested 1350mah

edit: i also removed a wrapper, the cells are marked like the label. just really old, I guess...

There we go, I was the one not reading carefully this time.

I saw those too, when I first read the thread back then. I know I found the flaw, as well, back then:

Capacity: 2800mAh

To me it didn't look like a good spec at all, even for a new 26650 cell, let alone if it was old.

I hope it gets better with a few cycles.

Viktor

yes, kind of low original capacity, but not bad for IMR (if they actually met the rating)

the voltage doesn't sag much when starting 1A discharge (stays above 3.7 for quite awhile), but even so, they're not much use at ~1300mah