26650 or 18650 Zoomable Flash Light (Example: CPFItalia Cometa)

I have been looking for a Flashlight like this one (CPFItalia Cometa)
Where it is a 26650 size, I might like a thinner/ narrower hand grip So 18650 size would work aswell, That can Zoom from flood to throw…

When it is zoomed (in?) for throw I would want it to throw Really Far and bright so where it would be Impressive…. And when it is zoomed (out?) for flood it will be very floody and versatile…

BUT!!! I want the flash light to be Thin/Narrow all the way through the head down to the body. I have been noticing that lots of the throwers (long distance flashlights) Have big Diameter heads.

MY QUESTIONS:

1.Would a small/Thin /Narrow Head compromise the throwing distance???

2. Would some one be able to recommend me a nice thrower to my specs? Im not posting an exact size measurement I know it would be more difficult without a range in measurements but please use your better judgment.

Well joining the Cometa project is bound to give an impressive light

The Uniquefire T20 is small, decent build good throw using 1 18650 cell.

Well, From the looks of the T20, I would rather go for the Cometa, I have not found many Lights like this that are zoomable…. I don’t want a whole mess of lights So in this size/ Category I want Versatility… Its not like i need it for a specific purpose, But i know it will come in handy….

Yes, From my ignorance to what lights are out there of the ones I’m asking for it seem like i will go for the cometa, Unless some one chimes in on a nicer one.

The T20 is terrible with throw, I have one with an XP-E2 and it doesn’t throw much at all.

I’ve owned two Jax Z1s, both with fets, one with a XHP-70 and one with a MT-G2. Neither one of those had much throw but look at the size of the emitters that were in them. The absolute best zoomie I ever had was one that I build from a UF-1504 host with a fet+1 and a dedomed XP-G2 S4 2B. It had more throw than any of the zoomie hosts I’ve ever used and will definitely out throw the Cometa. I’m on the group buy list for the Cometa because I like the host and it looks like ring artifacts are minimal.

If you are up to doing some modding, perhaps the Brinyte B158?

Otherwise, maybe the UniqueFire UF-1405 or one of their other lights in that family?

The brinyte B158 is indeed an excellent compromise between size and throw, you can expect 150Kcd with an XP-L HI.

I have wondered about the small emitters for a super thrower/ which also has the more useful ‘Flood’ function which is less fun.

I own few LED Torches and the first few I got a few years ago are Citipower and Saik SA9 7 watt 18650 type zoom focus with green twist ring to focus.

These only draw about .7 to .9 watts in hi mode and produce a very tight visible beam with hundreds of yards of throw.
They use small and slightly larger CREE Dies.

IF someone modded a few of these for higher current up to peak Output of the die ( depending on which die) they might throw more than half mile or even 1200 yards !

They are very laser like.

So can we do a Group Buy on some Glass Lens Hosts with the XR-E or XP~~? whatever pushed die gets highest Candela with small size~~ whichever can be pushed to
400 kcd or 500 kcd with a twist zoom which will out throw the Dereelight by far -
AND still be useful as a flood ?

Can uniquefire be modded or re - specified with a small die XRE De domed and driven in hi mode at peak Candela - to get 400kcd ?

A Uniquefire 1504 is nice. I have a stock one and like it.
What I like about the Uniquefire UT20 is the size, almost like a C8.
The 1504 is much bigger and heavier so one does not put it in a pocket easy.

Still waiting on the Cometa so cannot compare them yet.
Jax has a good reputation

The Brinyite B168 may be small enough for you. The Cometa is smaller and better proportioned than my B158…

Just one zoomie wanted? Cometa in my book…

Are there any good reviews of the UniqueFire 1504 anywhere? Thought I’d find one but struggling. Stock version not modded…

Curious about the 1504, looks good but I like to know more about something before buying.

I’d avoid the cometa for now, lots of reliability issues being reported unfortunately. It might yet come good though if corrections to design/manufacturing faults are made. If that happens it looks like a gem.

no i could not find any good ones too so i am working on a review of it
It is just too cold and not nice at night so I am hopelessly behind on planned reviews
(Darktort, Astrolux Kronos X5, Convoy BD01 first)
then the lights I really missed a review on here the Uniquefire UF1504 and 1401

What do you want to know?

I’ve got the 1405, the only apparent difference is that it takes two batteries and the 1504 is shorter and it takes one battery.

Was wondering how powerful it is, how far it throws, how good the flood is etc.

I like checking out beam shots in reviews, they give a good idea of what the light performs like.

It is rather big so I actually take the UT20 out of the cupboard when I want a zoomie (or the warsun that still runs on the cheap a#$ AA cells I put in there to quick test it when it came up in another thread where the tripod mounting and AA use was important
Pereonaly my max viewing distance is about 100-150 meter (see my introduction thread for overview of our terrain) so the UT20 and Warson do that just fine. The 1504 too it just is not easy to pocket.

The Uniquefire 1405 looks to have the same head as the 1504, I tried and compared it with the Brinyte B158 yesterday.

I took some photo’s but the camera on my phone made the beam shot’s look way brighter than they really were so it’s not worth putting them on here.

The Uniquefire is just too bulky compared to the Brinyte which is small in comparison and a great size for holding and putting in your pocket. Far too much play in the zooming thread’s on the Uniquefire.

The flood on the Brinyte is 40% wider than the Uniquefire and has a clearer beam with fewer artefacts.

I couldn’t do a proper comparison in stock form as I upgraded the driver in the Brinyte, but to be honest the Uniquefire is disappointing.