26650 tube light that's not an a8

ok, I have received both of these lights I’ll ipdate later :bigsmile:

Your new light gords. Is the pill removable or is it machined into the light itself like the A8?

Gords, just curious. Can the battery tube of this new light screw into the A8 head? I wanted to know because this could also be a suitable battery carrier for the Definant 3C super thrower as the A8 tube is, if someone wants to easily change the Defiant to a 26650 light. Thanks.

Gords can do better, he can try screwing it into the Defiant itself.

-Garry

damm your all impatient tonight :bigsmile:

just got in and sat down. I’ll get the lights out in a bit. have a play.

on another note I noticed another couple of suspicious packages when I was putting the shopping away. :bigsmile:

He he he he!!! The question is, did your wife notice these suspicious packages yet? :)

-Garry

I'm trained in dissecting suspicious packages. For your own and families safety I will PM you my address to send them to me immediately for inspection. For your own safety do this now. As a fellow BLF member there is no fee charged for this service. Hurry gords time is of the essence in these situations.

how does that suit?

suspicious packages were one zy-t08 and charger to sell once modded and cells have arrived, and one d4 host to build and sell again with cells and charger.

Mrs gords did ask how much but as long as profit is made, she is happy. :slight_smile:

Hmm . . . nice cheap 26650 adapter for the Defiant Super Thrower eh? Doesn't quite match though, but neither does the A8. How's that review coming along? Nearly ready to post? :)

-Garry

BTW - I have a set of table and chairs that look just like those.

-Garry

not tonight, needs more pictures and notes yet.

quick headlines, removable alu pill, 17mm driver, its going to serve its intended use ie new work light. Once the driver and emitter are swapped for more suitable items.

So it's a good cheap mod host? How's the build quality? I guess the pill isn't hollow.

-Garry

Thanks Gords. So it looks like the tube is a good fit, or better than an A8 for the Defiant 3C :wink:

it snugs up quite well and operates. best bit is that host was 8 quid, an a8 is about 24 quid. be interesting to flame the defiant, see if it went copper. I want to keep mine big though :smiley:

I’m happy enough with it for the price paid.

The aleto needs more in depth attention but should be good when done. It’s throwy but only driven at 1.5a, hollow pill, 22mm driver.

I’m going to get dad to machine out the pill and press in a p60 pill then go from there.

Huh? In post #50 you said 17mm driver. What gives?

-Garry

two lights.

tube light (cant remember name)

aleto roughly c8/m10 size.

tube light, not a bad mod host, definitely an a8 clone, even down to the plastic plate at pos end.

aleto, bit more of a nightmare to mod.

both have next mode memory and are under driven. imo, neither are much use as they arrived but both can be improved. just the tube light is an easier mod than the aleto.

Ok, dawned on me afterward that I was mixing up the two. I'll stop asking questions now and wait for the full reviews with full teardowns.

-Garry

no point reviewing them now.

I may as well rip em apart, fix the shit out of em an just do a couple of build threads…. :bigsmile:

Thanks very much. Maybe de-anno the battery tube and the bezel? Very much liked that flame job you did for Dale, too.