2x MT-G2 on octogons Mod (beamshots on page 3)

So basically you should be getting 4-5 amps per emitter now?

Sounds about right. I used heavy gauge wire, the solder points are all very good and the wires were as short as possible. So everything is pretty much maximized except possibly the reflectors. But I would say that most of the light is getting into the reflector because of the way they are ground down and set over the emitters.

hahah, can we see beamshots of that when its powered by 4 26650’s.
how long can your 6x xml run for on turbo at 6000 lumens at a time?

That is run with the four 26650’s and it gets so hot so fast that it’s runtime isn’t close to that of the 6X. Until I find a driver that works right with this I’m putting it back to the DRY 2x26650. It’s an impressive amount of light but not practical at all. The single MT-G2 with the DRY driver in an X8 is really nice. It doesn’t get that hot and it’s around as bright as a SRK in a much smaller easier to carry light.

I’m not a huge fan of these MT-G2’s and I’m not planning on doing any more mods with them anytime soon. They take too many amps, give off too much heat and the die size is too big to produce enough intensity to make a super thrower out of. They are good for a medium range floody and that is all that I can see them being really good for. You get a super floody, great tint beam. If they were five or even $10 each I might play around with them more but at over $20 each it’s just not worth it for me.

I applaud you for your efforts 18sixfifty. I nod my head in _ everytime I read this post. Thanks.

Thanks it’s a fun one that’s for sure.