3*/4* AA/AAA Flooder <25$?

Hi!

A fellow worker of mine just asked me, what light he should buy.
I switched to Li-Ion years ago, so my knowledge of the standard-battery-market is very poor.

What he said to me:

- Multiple AA or AAA

- for indoor use only

- very floody, like a Sipik or so (for searching things in the cellar)

- max. 20€ / $25

• maybe with a XM-L2 or XP-G2

What would you buy for him?
Would be ok to buy a light for 15$ and a new driver (4*7135 I assume would be OK?) or so, I can do that without a problem.

THanks a lot!

Olight O’Pen, very very floody, 2 AAA pen-shaped flashlight.

if interested get it while you can, they seems to be discontinued.

Ultrafire (Poppas) W-878 18650/26650/3AAA/4AAA (I tested 4AAA) zoomer which runs around $9 (quick search example on Ebay). Only issue might be finding one with a solid pill and some dropped the 26650 ability (slightly smaller diameter). Very wide flood. Mine is direct-drive on high. Have to buy the 4AAA carrier elsewhere (FastTech has it). Driver is either 17mm or 20mm (check the review on the Poppas W-878).

-Garry

For 3AA/4AA, I think Starry Light is good option, although slightly higher than USD 25.
Starry Light - Aliexpress USD 25.2 (last day promotion).
If not comfortable buying at Aliexpress can buy at Cnqg (same Ric’s store).

$33 but probably worth it:
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10003915/1675300-p7-2-9407-1-r5-2-mode-240lm-zoom-cool-white-led

It’s a Lenser for half their normal price. Very well made and machined.

If you can get him to up to 40$ there is an amazing group buy happening on the lumitop sd10 which has far greater uses then a purpose flooder.
4*aa 1*d 1*18650 1*26650 1*32650, good mode spacing, nw tint option.

Hi!

That Lumintop looks interesting - could you give me the link to the groupbuy? I can not find it :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks!