3000 posts giveaway (djozz) (closed, winner in post#39)

bump for this giveaway + mod progress in the OP

I’m using convoy M1 and L³ L10 Nichia 219B for my work (mid range maintenance work) and working on this small piece of LED project (undergoing slowly)
*didn’t post picture of those 2 because its common

Haven’t post anything regarding it (this is first) and it will be my test bench (beginner setup) for LED testing, and possibly do more for workplace illumination. (LED without external lens)

Just just a small segment of the heat sink, more to be divided and also making into a headlamp

Congrats on your 3000 posts :slight_smile: for work lights, at work i use this Hugsby as my current shirt pen light i carry there:

and at home over my desk/table is this plain ol’ arm-lamp. ( with a LED bulb of course.)

Count me in.

Thank you for the nice giveaway, djozz! :smiley:

I have been using Ikea halogen lights for the longest time but this is my preferred work light for soldering. I don’t like to light up the whole area and I even prefer a stock SK-68 to the Tank007 E09 with Nichia 119 in this recent picture:

It turns out I am very fussy about tint and CRI when it comes to work lights. I don’t like higher CRI and warm tint, somehow gives me fatigue. I have tried various G4 replacements but the tints don’t feel right, and quite polarized (too warm or sickly cool). I think I am just too used to Cree X series.

Congrats and thanks djozz! I will post a pic later, but my most often used work light is my Fenix headlamp, stock except with a piece of press and seal on the lens.

This is my loved working headlight (XTAR H1, with a Cree XP-G2 and a red LED (with 3 lumens - I call it: The Terminator).

!!

hope the link works been a while this is my mag headed work light. runs a cree mc-e direct drive off a 5v 1 amp power supply

added mount from an air cylinder and cut 2 slices off the threaded mag body to make 2 thin nuts and I locked the air cylinder mount between the 2 thin nuts. it also acts as the star

That looks nice millerman! I like it

I’m in.

Will have to post a pic later.

last bump + update in OP: mod done! Probably tomorrow I will draw a winner :-)

that’s an amazing small hot rod you made there. I am in
I use one of these ikea lamps, I bought it hoping to replace the led; this was two years back and the original led is still there, and I think it will be forever, its ok.
I have never seen a nichia in action, I may have to think twice about replacing it if it´s really that nice… lets see if I’m lucky to win your great light to see it by myself
thanks a lot

Yes, you did, draw will not be before tonight (it is 4.30 PM here now) :-)

That is quite a collection of old junk nice variety of basement lights you have there. I really love the porcelain bare socket light, it deserves something more classic than that ugly CFL bulb!

Why the line-through? You were right, I do have quite a collection of old junk there. :wink: I tried to take the pictures at an angle that shows the least amount of junk possible, but I had to show the lights anyway! Those lights are all in a space roughly 8’ x 10’ and the deck height above is only about 7 feet. So, all of that is concentrated in a small space, but still I want it lit up better. Maybe if I cleaned up all the old junk, my wife could be convinced that it is in fact a work area, and worthy of some new lighting options! Well, I can dream.

great little monster you are giving away!
my worklight :

thanks for the giveaway.

I hope I’m not too late to get in on this gem! Great work!

Thanks!

eta: oops - don’t have a pic of the kitchen table/ light fixture….but with four kids there isn’t much extra space at our place, so the workbench has become the kitchen table!

Thanks again!

eta, again: I’ll add this pic…usually one of these small lights in my mouth for the delicate work that needs more light!

how about this:

This is the lamp I study under. It does not provide enough light…

you have only (max) two eyes, take care of them!!!

The mod is finished, it is time to draw the winner.

First thanks for all the contributions. It a treat to see all these lighting solutions. I expected a lot of standard desk lamps, it was nice to see so many variation and 'mods' :-) Many of the lights deserve a prize regardless of this giveaway!, millerman's Maglite-lamp, Bort's hefty wooden stand to name just two. But the promise was to use random.org to draw the winner, so here it goes:

.....well, that did not go well, I did the draw and while writing this post there was a late entry from dangerous. So I decided to redo the draw (won't tell you who won in the first place ) and it landed on #4 , which was a kind post from ImA4wheelr but not an entry. So here's the third try:

post #25, congratulations Buwuve! Please PM me an address where I can send the light, and if you would like to have the Efest16340 battery with it.

Thanks again guys and gal for the fun pictures!