32mm diameter copper boards: testing the water

Here’s the 32MM Single XM-L Modified for SinkPAD
Gerbers - CAD Data

PPtk

You work fast PilotPTK! I am looking forward to getting my greasy little paws on some of these!

Eh, it’s pretty easy to do when you have the right tools. Actual work time to make that change was perhaps 4 or 5 minutes…

If this happens, I’m sure I’ll be in for a few as well.

PPtk

Why do you put contact pads so far from side cutouts for wires? That requires longer wire and routing it across 1/4 of emitter!!!

Because wire is not really supposed to be bent at sharp 90 degree angles. Placing the solder points a little further away gives you space to make an arc of the wire.

If you would like them closer, the gerber files are there for you do download and modify.

PPtk

Edit:
Here, I moved the pads. If you’d rather have them there - the gerbers are available.
Gerbers - CAD Data

Hmmm I think I must have had my head in the clouds when putting them where they are in the original drawings.

looking forward to hearing how much those 20mm XM-L boards might cost. I’ll definitely be in for 4-10, depending on whether or not a friend wants some and they don’t cost more than the emitter itself :slight_smile:

I contacted them about the 20mm boards and here are the prices

1-300pcs = $2.50 each
301-600 = $1.50 each
601-1000 = $1.25 each
1001-2500= $1.0 each

interested in 16mm xpg boards, maybe ten or so.

sinkpad?

Yes

Those are some sweet prices :smiley: if we could manage to gather up enough people for 1001+ pcs
I would take 20 pcs at least, pity they are not 16mm, I would have more use of them (and be
interested in buying more of them)…

Are 16mm ones possible? I’d be interested in XM-l and xp-g versions.

that’s really not that bad price wise. Quite a premium over alu stars but relatively little difference in the grand scheme of things (~$4 in a $60 light build). I’ll definitely be in for some of those!

They said I have to buy a minimum of 30-35 pieces before u can place a order

As a sample? :bigsmile:

I’m sure we can muster that many, if someone’s brave enough to do a group buy. At least postage and handling should be pretty simple :slight_smile:

I can arrange something if u guys like ?

Ill get more info from them and some pics, I can mail them out in envolopes or bubble mailers but that will be lil more in cost.

I don’t think shipping would be over few dollars

If u guys like just post and ill order 30 pieces or more ?

Shipping worldwide or just US?

I can ship anywhere but it might not be cheap, ill have to look into it but should not be a problem