36 LED dropin for 2-6 cell Mags

Anyone received a warm tint version yet? i just got notification that mine has shipped :) and some beamshots would be great for increasing my anticipation level

I just got mine. I'll update when I get home and use it. I don't have the first batch so can't really compare.

Impressions:

1. The "throw" at the center is still bluish, but the flood around it is warmish. The blue isn't that big of a deal when you're actually looking at what the light's pointed at instead of the color.

2. The flood is quite wide. It's a nichia keylight chain x 36.

3. This makes it very nice indoors, but not great for looking at any distance outdoors.

The easy way to think of it is basically a giant UniqueFire AA-S1. A great indoor light.

Is it worth $25 + maglite? Obviously you're getting some value with so many nichia's, but it's not really a general purpose light. However, it's very good at fullfilling its niche. if you're the kind of person to get a thrower just because, you should probably get this. It's the ultimate light in the house.

There's only two good ways to configure this light. A 2D mag with 2 3xAA adapters for ultimate brightness (I like it bright), or 3D for runtime, or I guess a 2D in either config if you only get one host. The output scales linearly above 3 batteries.

My 3 d mag works great with the drop in and two 18650's with a dummy battery. They will take up to 9 volt safely. (I tried it with 12 v for a short period)

i killed one running it on 3 x 18500 after around 2 hours the internal wiring burnt out

i have been using the leds to up grade some cheap lights

It will take up to 9 volt safely, i am looking for the lowest price LED light

Hi kevinvalid

welcome to BLF you will have no problems running it from 2-9v it seems at its happiest around 7-8v the one i killed was all in the name of science

it is the most light you will get for your money in a Mag-lite upgrade and as easy as changing the bulb

Barrie

Thanks for posting this. I dunno how I haven't seen this before... My parents love the color Green, so for Xmas I'm going to get them this drop-in and install it into a 3D Jade Mag for them. Should be a great present for them assuming i get all the pieces in time LoL!

When I first got this dropin I was pretty enthused about it .

I bought several for my buddies and all of them are still operational over a year later .

I'm really enthused about it and it's a gift! Now I'm sorry I didn't order more of them for MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!