3xMT-G2 TR-J19 90W

The distanse between poles is around 100m and I am taking pics close to one pole, which doesn’t appear. So, the first pole is 90m, the second 190, etc.

Nice! It’s tempting but I could imagine the price you’ve paid! 3 of the MT-G2 on Noctigon plus the KD driver are more expensive than the price of the flashlight itself!

Can you take lux reading (how far it can throw)? Would OTF lumens measurement possible for you?

Roughly 7,200 lumens from the info and charts above. About 2,400 per MT-G2 at 4A, so 7,200 total. About the same as my mod'ed J18, I'm thinking, but of course this is with flooder emitters and a nice neutral MT-G2 tint. This has the advantage though of using 32650's, but the amps might drop with these cells, not sure.

I would get those TrustFire 32650's for this setup - deifnitely. Big advantage to the J19 just because of the 32650 capability.

I ordered some unprotected 32650 for my TR-J19. I’ve never had a light that accepted them before. I’m still undecided on MT-G2 or XM-L2 with a buck driver.

Better thermal heatsinking is a good thing, that way you can be safer in knowing you probably won’t cook the emitters. With that much power, I am not surprised at all that it gets hot .

Awesome build! I hope that they driver lasts, I have had less than stellar luck with them, as have a few others here. They are great fun though, while they last!

With the XML2s and 3 cells in series, just wire LEDs in series and use a FET driver :evil:

We have Easter holidays here and I am away from home.
In a few days I will take some measurements.
Kalo Pascha!

Comfy. I thought the FET driver was 4.2V for a single cell, or 8.4V with a Zener mod for MTG? Can you run three cells in series as is?

With the zener/resistor regulator the MCU's voltage is determined by the regulator, not by the input voltage. But since it's a direct drive driver, the Vin has to match fairly closely the Vout. 1 cell/1 XML, 3 cells/3 XMLs, 6 cells/3 MTG2s, etc. You can't do 1 XML from 2 or 3 cells, or 5 XMLs from 3 cells, it has to match up on both ends.

Gotcha. Thanks. I’ll probably use the LCK 5A driver for this build. It goes direct drive on high with three series XML and runs well. I’ll save my FET driver for a light that doesn’t have so much room in the pill.

I cant say anything but orsm. As a fan of big batteries and MTG-2 leds I'm in love.

I just received one of these lights today. Damn, it's beefy. Pictures don't quite do it justice. I see why you decided to put 3 MT-G2's in yours.