4 AAA flashlight?

I just read OL’s post on the Lowe’s light earlier today and I plan on picking a couple up when I go to a neighboring town tomorrow where they have a Lowe’s. I figure the parts in them are worth $10 even if the lights are crappy. I’ll try to mod one and keep the other one together for reference. I’ll post my opinion on the lights in the next day or two. On another note, what is the general opinion on the Rat Shack 4 AAA holder with the + and - wire coming out of the top? Does anyone know if that one would have more or less resistance than the one linked to above?

I think I know what you mean, small 2x2 configuration AAA holder, black plastic? Fasttech sells a wide variety of them. If they’re anything like the 2x18650 holder I bought previously then the resistance will be high. These things are cheaply made from cheap stuff, contacts and springs included. Just get some solder wick. It goes without saying that you need to pull the metal out of the holder before you solder things together.

(right-click and view image for fullsize)

TheGloriousTachikoma wrote:

It’s a bit further up in the kelvin range than a 3B but it’s nowhere near ‘blue’.

Thanks for the info.

No problem. :slight_smile: It’ll be a couple weeks until the parts from IOS arrive though, so until then it’s not going to see much duty (I also only have two Eneloop AAA’s to my name, my Costco doesn’t have them in stock right now and I want the pretty green[made outside of China] batteries. :frowning: )

Hmm. If the 4xAAA adapter fits most 26650 lights then this would be a good light

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10005040/1396615-solarstorm-k2-cree-xm-l-u2-5-mode-890-lumen-white-

I do like that utilitech light at lowes. Can’t beat it for the price. Home depot also has the same light with 3 modes, 2 for $15 but you have to find the home depots that carry them.