4 SEVENS Preon Revo

did it work

Thanks

the pictures are there, but... not quite focussed, and the battery's still in

I have not started drilling !!! Ravens game has me pre-occupied ! Sorry .

Do I drill straight down ? Any danger? Eye protection - and ???

After drilling , do I use needle nose and twist out ?

Thanks

If you get the batts out look to see if you can see a “best by” date. If the battery has not “expired” send the light and batteries to what ever manufacturer of the battery is with your name and address and cost of a replacement. I have had a couple Mags replaced by Rayovac and Duracell in the past. Rayovac sent me a check for $35.00 to replace a 3D Mag incan light and new batteries.

Well, your always suppose to use eye protection with power tools.

If you still haven’t use the drill yet I would actually try a different way. I could see still having trouble finding something to grab with pliers after drilling. Do you have an ice pick, center punch, nail or screw even? Hammer an off center hole & try a cockscrew. You should make a starter hole with center punch if your planing to drill anyway. Keeps the drill bit from shifting & gouging your flashlight.

Now this is really wise to say this man and makes me think about getting a protective eye goggles when working at home. Your vision is priceless!

Yea, sparks & bits of metal fly, tools kick & slip. With how much we rely on our vision I’d rather lose a hand.

Reading the the post again, it seems he wasn’t questioning the need for eye protection but instead asking what else.

I wore a bib, some cheap Harbor Freight gloves, face shield & gave out ear plugs for innocent bystanders. For me: right before things let go, abusive adult language seems to emit during the final the removal process. 0:)

Verdicts in ………

Garbagio, crap, shit, Chinese dump, junk, rubbish, useless, trash, pile, etc……

1. tried tying rope and swinging it = 0
2. oil soak = 0
3. taped it to hammer = 0
4. tapped with nail = 0
5. screw =0
6. THE DRILL = 0

Final score = 0

made a mess. wouldn’t pull out. everything shot to hell !!!

Any suggestions on a good quality keychain light ??? Thanks for all the help guys.

7. Lesson learned. ALKALINE IS YOUR ENEMY

Good Keychain lights. Preon P0, Fenix LD01, Fenix E05, Fenix E01, Olight I3s.

smaller: Streamlight Nano. EGear pico

Thanks for the hints…

Are there any American made keychain lights ?

:open_mouth:
The battery can’t win. :expressionless:
Pictures? Any damage to the flashlight from the attempt?

The battery has had it’s casing expanded by pressure and had it’s plastic rap melted and is now basically glued in place by the leaked out acid, you’ll need to release that acidic glue with
this
(just do a liquid solution of what’s in that and then put the battery tube in place of the electronic parts, but you can do those after the tube) and then use the hammer method on the tube to remove what’s left of that battery as written in a previous post.

You can’t go wrong with a TANK007 E09. But, you probably already know that.

A good thing about this light is that the battery sticks up about an eighth inch higher than the shell. If push comes to shove, you can put some vise grips on the battery. :bigsmile: Comes in colors too.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10002363/1173305-tank007-e09-cree-xp-e-r3-120-lumen-3-mode-memory-e

Maglite Solitaire is USA made. Photon also USA made.

Send it to Duracell if that is the battery brand.

I like my Olight i3s running a Efest 10440, does heat up fast on high, warms up even on low, but I don’t leave it on either of those modes long, typically walking with moonlight and switching temporarily to higher modes if I feel like it.

Failing to take out a dead battery is your enemy.

Efest 10440 ! :heart_eyes:
Keychain rocket.

Couldn’t agree more. Alkalines are fine until you forget and leave them in an electronic device because they will leak sooner or later.